Ishibashi Question - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Ishibashi Question

I emailed them about a week ago or so, and they still havent replied.. i have a feeling that my email may have not have gone through. I was browsing the J Custom line and saw one i really liked [Ibanez RG8470F FE as does everyone who lays eyes upon this beauty].

When i clicked the ''contact'' button it brought up a form to fill in details and ask a question, however everything is in question marks .. this is because its obviously using japanese characters which firefox does not have.

I wanted to know how anyone that has bought or contacted them got through ? and what option they used to get in touch.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 01:07 PM

Re: Ishibashi Question

Hey Shelly,

Try this mail:

[email protected]

This is what i used when i bought my 8470. They usually answered my questions within 24 hours.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 01:54 PM

had 5 mails from them today as I am getting my ibanez shipped by a friend based in Tokyo.

seems they are reactive though.
but be aware that they dont have many people speaking english...

I used this email address:

[email protected]
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinco View Post
Hey Shelly,

Try this mail:

[email protected]

This is what i used when i bought my 8470. They usually answered my questions within 24 hours.
+1. Same experience here. Recently I bought An RG8427F, replies on any questions or comment within 24 hours.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

Ahh! thanks alot guys i was sending emails to [email protected] or something like that. THANKS ALOT !!

Im one pay check away from having enough money ^_^ WOOOH
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyOFG View Post
Ahh! thanks alot guys i was sending emails to [email protected] or something like that. THANKS ALOT !!

Im one pay check away from having enough money ^_^ WOOOH
The web-shop e-mail above should work. That one is monitored by people that, well, speak English
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 01:49 PM
GAZ

I'm gonna be ordering an RG8470 in the next couple of months too, just can't decide on the colour - I have an RG8270 in Vintage Violin and it may be too similar to FE,(I've asked the question on here and nobody knew the difference !) so I might go for PR or RS I think.Good luck and please keep us informed of how things go !! Be prepared for the 22% duty and VAT charges though !!!

Cheers

Gaz
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Hahah i already had a reply about costs, its cheaper to pay by credit card than to wire transfer, its 234,00 yen for the guitar incl shipping + insurance.

Works out at 978GBP [this stupid keyboard config doesnt have a pound sign >.<]

i'd say thats a right bargain... this time next month i will be placing my order
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd111 View Post
The web-shop e-mail above should work. That one is monitored by people that, well, speak English
glad you didnt say they "speak english well" which is quite different from reality...

dont forget to add 3% to the price they will quote you (their tax I believe)
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 07:18 PM

there's no need for us to pay heir tax as we are not living in Japan. The price quoted by them will be the price we will be paying

FYI: i was told by them that the price for j.custom has increase from 202,500JPY to 216,000JPY after 1st June. not sure about the normal production though.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 08:22 AM
GAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyOFG View Post
Hahah i already had a reply about costs, its cheaper to pay by credit card than to wire transfer, its 234,00 yen for the guitar incl shipping + insurance.

Works out at 978GBP [this stupid keyboard config doesnt have a pound sign >.<]

i'd say thats a right bargain... this time next month i will be placing my order
Yeah, but what I'm saying is that 'HM Customs and Excise' will charge you 22% of that price payable on delivery !!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:45 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAZ View Post
Yeah, but what I'm saying is that 'HM Customs and Excise' will charge you 22% of that price payable on delivery !!
with their standard exchange rate, not with market rate. That is actually more than 22% and approximately 25%.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:57 AM

well they made me pay the 3% anyway...
but this is because they didnt ship the guitar to me. a friend brought it back for me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode