It's mine all mine!!!!!!!!!!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 6
Talking It's mine all mine!!!!!!!!!!!

My new Ibanez RG350DX got here a couple of days ago and I have to say it is made of awesome. I have never had a floating bridge before and it is amazingly stable, it never goes out of tune(even with all the crazy crap I do)...It sounds pretty good, I'm thinking about putting a Dimarzio PAF Joe in the neck, a Chopper for the middle, and Air zone at the bridge...But that will be later on . Now I have a quesion: Is it possible to tune like a whole step down, without having to perform surgery on the bridge???? And how big a pain in the butt is it to change tunings anyway??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 12:42 AM

Re: It's mine all mine!!!!!!!!!!!

You can tune a whole step down, but not by using the fine-tuners. You'll need to loosen the locking nut at the headstock, drop the tuning down, and then lock and fine-tune like normal.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 12:44 AM

Reviews: 4

Well I have to say good on you, I have the same guitar, if you treat it well it will stay in tune for weeks, that is, if you don't break a string. Mine is now alot less fun to play because of the strings, and it has horrible action now, I would say iit would be a pain to tune it down, I'd get a professsional to do it unless your savvy enough with floating trems.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 03:53 AM

Speaking of which I wonder (in the range of medium power humbucker) has tried thisd
Bridge AT1
Middle Area'61 (or whatever pick you want)
NeckPaf 36th (bridge or neck model)
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceAlice View Post
My new Ibanez RG350DX got here a couple of days ago and I have to say it is made of awesome. I have never had a floating bridge before and it is amazingly stable, it never goes out of tune(even with all the crazy crap I do)...It sounds pretty good, I'm thinking about putting a Dimarzio PAF Joe in the neck, a Chopper for the middle, and Air zone at the bridge...But that will be later on . Now I have a quesion: Is it possible to tune like a whole step down, without having to perform surgery on the bridge???? And how big a pain in the butt is it to change tunings anyway??
No, or it depend on what you call "surgery" lol
You can tune a whole step lower, but you will likely have to loosen the springs and rework your intonation
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 07:33 AM

You just have to loosen the springs for your trem to compensate for the lower tension of down tuning. It is a little slow going when you haven't done it before but it is easy to do if you have a little common sense and some patience. Once you get the hang of it you could tune down and adjust the trem in 5 or 10 minutes.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laionel View Post
No, or it depend on what you call "surgery" lol
You can tune a whole step lower, but you will likely have to loosen the springs and rework your intonation

Oh yeah, forgot about intonation. It might not be off by much anyway.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 12:05 PM

Congratz on the new guitar, I'd rather get the 3xx series than their prestige which cost a few times more than the 3xx. I'd go for HFH/true velvet/ paf pro with 250k pot in the tone control but that's just me
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 02:05 PM

congrats on your new axe. god I love that feeling when you bring it home and just marvel over it thinking "your mine now" and then you realize.. damn.. stop looking at it and touching it.. lets cutout the foreplay and SHRED! lol

but seriously I was in GC recently and saw two identical RG370DXGP3.. the digitalcamo models. I was instantly attracted by paint.. but I love camo so.. anyway I picked up one of them and saw instantly how horrible it was setup. strings almost ON the fretboard and buzzin like a beotch. take a closer look the whole thing was out of wack. mostly the neck, the fretwork, etc. I grabbed the other and it played much much better, but still had some buzzes and by no means felt like a 449 dollar guitar. My 1998 korean made RG220B plays far far better than these new indo made RG's.

But its all good either way, since none of em hold a candle to my S!
muhahahah!
enjoy it man!

p.s. your pickup combo sounds good.. not so abrasive and out front and some of the other combos that i see and hear!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 10:27 PM

Congrats!! I've been thinking about getting this guitar as well. I need to downsize my gear and get a good guitar that will last me for several years. It sounds like a good combo... or how the about air norton, true velvet, tone zone.

Anyway, congrats and let me know how the tremolo holds up.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Hey everyone, I haven't been hangin' around here much...I've been too busy playing 'Wambo' aka my B-E-A-Uuuuutiful guitar! ...I just finshed up(my first ) string change and am starting the stretching process!....I have to say I LOVE this guitar, most of all the neck it feels amazing and of course the trem is awesome!

Guitarmattms...It's a great guitar for the money...I wasn't thinking it would play & sound as it does, for how much I paid. I have another strat. style guitar with a standard trem bridge...it sells for the same price and it is a load of crapola, sounds bad, feels bad, and can't stay it tune at all. Now I'm sure if you paid for one of the prestige Ibanez models it would be better. But this baby has everything I need for the best price I could find!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 05:05 PM

Reviews: 21

Congrats on the RG350! It's an awesome guitar!

Now... read THIS thoroughly!

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm

Remember that patience is your friend and it all gets easier with practice!
Cheers! Enjoy!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 05:16 PM

Pics or it didn't happen. J/K dude, congrats and enjoy your new guitar.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Here's a pic of my baby...

Last edited by PrinceAlice; 03-19-2009 at 02:39 PM.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 03:51 AM

Nice guitar on your way to upgrade it you may consider a mirror black guard, I think it would really compliment the guitar

Tags
awesome , rg350dx , tunings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode