Ibanez JEM Forum banner

I've got $300 to shell out

3K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  waylay00 
#1 · (Edited)
What's the better deal? A Mexi Fender Strat or an Epiphone Les Paul, like a Custom or Standard?

#3 ·
I'm gonna have to say Mexi Strat but I'm biased toward Fender vs Epiphone in general. I just think cheap Fenders (even Squiers) are better built than Epi's. But then I've never really played a higher-end Epi so don't listen to me.

Best thing you can and should do is go find the models you dig and PLAY them. But I'm a Strat man. So I say Strat! The lower-end Epi's I've picked up felt like dogshiz compared to comparably priced Fenders and Squiers.

#15 ·
As has been said, go play them and find which you prefer. Play several differant models. Personally I'd go for the strat, so many more options for modding it later on if you want to. Much easier to get a FR conversion on a strat than LP. I got a mex strat about 7 or 8 years ago and i'd never gig with out it. It came with a humbucker in the bridge and I stuck a hotrails in the neck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.