I've just tried an RG7321 with a Line 6 Spider II Head/CAB.. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

I've just tried an RG7321 with a Line 6 Spider II Head/CAB..

And it was orgasmic.... The sheer ficking size of those speakers got me thinking; "Am i not going to take down the ****ing store with this thing?" As one of the employees plugged the RG7321 into it and pulled off some fast licks on it, that set-up definitely got my eyebrows raised... "Your turn" as i take the guitar, have a seat, go onto the Metal-setting, and rip away with Slipknot's "(sic)".
Holy ****! That's quite a sound! The sound wasnt blurred out, no unnecessary string-noise, warm, yet cold at the same time, and i was blown away - with the volume set at 3. I can only imagine what it would have felt like to blast away with it on 10...
However, i wasn't completely stunned until i heard the price: 500€ for the head and the cab!!! That's NOTHING!

Now, im wondering if anyone in here could chip in if they have any Spider II experiences...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 04:29 PM

If you go to http://www.line6.com/spiderii you can see Mick from Slipknot playing one, and Ben Moody (formerly of Evanescence, now...) also.

I love Line6, btw.

(just noticed in Mick's video/pictures on that site there's a sticker on a case in the background that says "I (heart) Orgasms" )
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Already seen it. My interest in the Spider-II Head/Cab-combo has cooled significantly - Seems they cost 500€ a piece, not 500€ together... I knew that it was too good to be true.

EDIT: Love is warming up again - Found the combo for 777€ at a german/swedish site!!

Any more 3rd party views?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 06:59 AM

I've got the Spider II 2x10 combo. Loud as hell, and all but the insane models are really good, much better than my old Flextone XL. The effects are absolutely wonderful, especially the tape echo.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 11:09 AM

Hello, first post for me.

I have a Spider II 212 combo and an Ibanez RG1527 and I like them both, alot. Good combination of sound quality and versatility.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 06:53 AM

Im considering a Spider II head as an alternative to my JCM900 MkIII.
I already have a cabinate but I would like a really heavy as feck head.. and I think the spider could be for me..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode