J-Custom Question - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

J-Custom Question

I have a lead (a colleague of a friend) on a MRG-1QM J-Custom.

From what I have been able to find, it is like a hopped-up 8570:
* Transparent black QM Top on a Mahogony body
* Flame Maple binding
* 5 piece Maple-Buginga neck
* Ebony fretboard with displaced dot inlays
* Edge-Pro
* Gold Hardware
* ToneZone (bridge) and AirNorton(neck)

Images courtacy of www.j-guitar.jp for example only

The pics above are an example of the model I found from a Japanese retailer. The potential seller should be sending me pics of the actual guitar later today.

Question is, has anyone here actually seen an example of this model in person? If so what was your impression? The potential seller lives in California and advised my buddy that if he chooses to sell it, he will want around $2,000.00 USD. My buddy told me that the guitar looks like it was never played aside from a few light pic scratches.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 12:44 PM

Definitely NOT a guitar I'd pay $2K for. You can get an RG-ART for that much. Probably even an RG-ARCH or something truly unique. Looks like just another Japanese J-Custom. Nice, but nothing special.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 12:57 PM

Yeah, definitely doesn't look all that special for that price. You can get a pretty sweet RGT for less than that. Just contact Rich for a price.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 01:29 PM
Vendor

Overpriced.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback guys! I agree that it seems overpriced. I just wanted to check since they sold for something like $2,300 USD new in Japan.

After reading the responses I will tell the guy I am not interested... I would probably offer less than half of what he is asking and I do not want to insult him.

Chris
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 02:05 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
make an offer if you like it.... but less than a brand new RGT darren has linked. use that as a reasonable value comparison... glen

Tags
dot inlay , dot inlays , ebony fretboard , flame maple , flame maple binding , mahogony body , maple binding

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode