J custom RG20136 saddle position question - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

J custom RG20136 saddle position question

So I just got this guitar and am currently setting up the bridge. I have it intonated and noticed the saddle position to be similar to the cursed Jem7v. Basically with the jem7v the low e saddle was out of position to the sequence. It seems like a correct bridge should be in steps. Rich emailed me a pic and as soon as I looked at my Jem I knew I had the bad one. So now I'm here with a j custom and it seems like I may have the same issue. I can hear a pulsating noise over the 15th fret and up on the low e just like I did with the jem7v. My iron label rg fixed bridge does not have this issue and I'm using the sound of it to reference.

Last edited by lorper; 06-12-2014 at 01:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Re: J custom RG20136 saddle position question

So after looking through this more I figured out the proper intonation... ****ty batteries was causing it to read wrong so I got it intonation and setup pretty good. Only problem I was having was after diving the bridge it wouldn't return to zero but if I pulled up than it would go right back into pitch. I figured I'd let my tech take a look at it and he said he got it a bit better bit still having the same issue. Are these edge zero bridges k own for this by any chance? Does anyone have any tips on what to check?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode