J-Custom Website - Question for Glen & Kevan - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 05:25 AM Thread Starter

J-Custom Website - Question for Glen & Kevan

For some reason I can no longer get to Kevan's site. *What happened?

Collecting all the J-Customs specs is probably a real challenging job, and to get all the pictures is even more difficult I imagine. *However, I think there's a lot of people out there like me who wants to see an organized web page about these incredible guitars.

I know Glen is working on a J-Custom page on jemsite. *So if you need pics for the RG-GOLD I am glad to help.

Hope to see that section going up soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 10:32 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
J-Custom Website

Thanks, once i obtain permission the J-Custom spec sheet will be public. Been working on that for a while now :biggrin: Photos welcome.... glen
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 11:45 AM

J-Custom Website

Sorry David- when Pets.com went under, I decided to bail on the LCR site. *LOL *The temp J-Custom site was on the LCR site.

Actually, that was my mom's business. *Since she's selling it and retiring in October, she decided that it wasn't generating enough business to warrant the cost. *Bye bye. **tear*the first site I've had to shut down.

I have the original 1996 J-Custom catalog, and plan on REALLY nice scans of the guitars, as well as the spec sheets (maybe even PDF). *I also have DOZENS of pics of J-Customs from around the world that I'll probably use. *Pics of your RG-GOLD would be greatly appreciated. *

Like Glen, I'm awating approval from the powers-that-be. *The last thing we both want is Ibanez lawyers knocking on our doors. *With the tax hit we took (makes Bob's check look like he bought a Happy Meal) and other time-consuming stuff, J-Custom.com is a little ways away. *Please be patient. *

I'm not sure how Glen and I will work out joining our sites....he'll probably want a frickin' NJ Devils logo to click on in order to enter....:biggrin:
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 11:59 AM
site founder 0% owner

J-Custom Website

Kev, do you have a host for your jcustom domain yet? Let me inquire if i can obtain a private FTP login & space for to run at no cost one one of the jemsite servers. You'd then only have to direct the domain to the location.

I think one problem with Ibanez is they don't want info published on 50+ J-Customs because inevitably it will create mail and support via the web. Something they cannot provide. Since most of these JCs are not forsale, from their point of view, business-wise it makes little to no sense promoting J-Customs. Thos contrasts exposure to *JEM/UVs here which are worldwide mass-market.

That said photos and specs are a no-brainer IMHO as they can bring notoriety to Ibanez which can bring sales for other Ibanez models. But that is not our call... glen
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

J-Custom Website

Thanks guys.
Whew, I never thought so much politics and restrictions behind all this. *I guess that explains why so few J-customs are available in the States. *But it all make sense because after all, they are small quantity custom made guitars. *These days folks like Ishibashi are selling J-customs on the web, so I suppose with the Internet and guys like us, Ibanez may have to realize there is a small demand for these top of the line guitars elsewhere outside Japan.

No doubt, custome made guitar is a complete opposite direction to a company's mass production philosophy. *Yet they still have to do it to establish their position in the high-end guitar market. *Unfortunately, I feel that the lack of promotion for such a good product line (J-customs) in the US, people just could not realize, let alone appreciate, the quality of these guitars.

I agree with Kevan that, when it comes to quality top-end guitars, the Ibanez shop in Japan is on par with (in some way, exceeds) other major guitar makers. *Although the designs of J-customs are not exactly mainstream, they offer an alternative to those boring traditional models (LPs, str*ts). *Don't get me wrong, I think those guys also make very nice customs but it seems difficult to change the mass perception of what Electric guitars are all about.

Ibanez has a very different approach on J-custom designs. *Everyone I have seen is always a nice suprise. *Everytime I run into a never seen before J-custom model, my reaction would be "you can do that on a guitar?" *Yet, Ibanez preserves the fundamental RG or S design and comes up with fresh ideas on the finish, appointments and hardware. *That makes the entire line of J-customs very interesting.

May be some day Ibanez will realize this, but until then I probably have to search hard all over the world for these rare guitars. *All thanks to you Kev. *LOL
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2001, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

J-Custom Website

Glen, I can see the J-custom section has been updated, great work!
One thing I notice, my RG-GOLD1 does have a "center" piece through the headstock but it is not bubbinga like the DBK or Jem90. *I think it's just maple.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2001, 11:33 PM
site founder 0% owner

J-Custom Website

Thanks. The specs say the Gold1 & 2 necks are Maple 1piece w/ bubinga stripe. Where are the pics of your axe :-) ...glen
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

J-Custom Website

Glen, I can take some this weekend. *My friend borrowed my digital camera until Friday. *Do you want me to email them or upload them to the site?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 12:33 PM
site founder 0% owner

J-Custom Website

cool. if you can ZIP them and EMAIL it would be easiest ...glen
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-26-2001, 10:14 AM

J-Custom Website

Kev,
How's J-custom.com coming along?

Any updates?

Cheers
Steve
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 10:51 AM

Reviews: 25
Re: J-Custom Website - Question for Glen & Kevan

Thread ressurection.......did this website ever get going ?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Vendor

http://jcustom.web.fc2.com/
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 07:36 PM

Reviews: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post

yeah I know that site but its not in english and its missing all Rg Paints.

there should be a place with all the models, and info on all of them.

Id do it, if I had the information and catalogues to scan.....

oh well
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Vendor

And as most of those limited runs were never in the catalogs?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 02:37 AM

i cant read japanese!aaaahhh....

Tags
electric guitar , ibanez models

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode