J customs In Aus - Page 5 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 10:59 AM

Re: J customs In Aus

Heard I was getting talked about and that maybe I might want to have my say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Secret View Post
I dunno, for JCustoms I'd say go with Rich before sparkle. Least with Rich you get the option of having a proper setup whereas with sparkle it's what you see is what you get. Plus, I still can't get over that thread about the 'marker stripe' on the headstock. I'm not sure I'd deal with someone that ill-informed about Ibanez guitars that didn't know it was the walnut in the neck.
Are you for real?!?!? I am not and will never be the expert on these guitars that some of you guys are BUT I TOTALLY knew WTF the stripe was!! I wanted to start an unbiased thread to show that guy what it really was...I tried to explain it too him a million different ways and he STILL thought it was a Sharpie pen?!?!?

I did not start thread to insult him...just to get him to see sense...he was making me crazy.

And YES...I showed the buyer a million pics of guitars and explained it was the wood....he did NOT believe me. I explained it as clearly as possible....in numerous emails....he just didn't get it.

I even sent him pic after pic from my mobile from all over Tokyo to show him they were all like that...still didn't believe me. He thought it was some kind of defect. He sent me many emails...I sent many back...he simply would not believe me and would not understand the truth.

I started the thread as neutral as possible so that the guy wouldn't think I was leading the thread....jeez. I also was trying to be as nice as I could be given the circumstances.

And no we do not do set ups...but the setups are usually very decent. If you want the best set up on the planet buy from Rich maybe.

Oh...below are some choice excerpts from my email with the sharpie guy: Not all.... Actually there were a ton to my mobile as well that I can no longer get to.

Sorry for the long post and all the wasted electrons.....mods, by all means, delete this if it is not appropriate.

HIM: "What I'm referring to is on my guitar, there's what looks like a thick black sharpie line drawn on the top of the headstock extending from the third tuning peg across (about an inch and a half)- I can send you a pic of it if you like- but its the exact same mark that's on several of the ibanez's you currently have listed. Is the guitar I bought a factory second? Or demo model or something? These marks look like something done at the factory? Please let me know. Thanks."

ME: "Really not sure what you mean....the neck is made of 5 pieces of wood...are you sure you are not looking at one of the laminates?"

ME: "The only thing that I see that looks remotely like a "black sharpie line" is the walnut neck laminate....again the neck is made of 5 pieces of wood..........3 thick pieces of maple and 2 thin strips of walnut...

Please let me know that you have identified the 5 pieces of wood on your guitar and followed each one from the body all the way to the tip of the headstock. If you have done this and there is ANOTHER black line please send me a picture. But unless someone drew on your guitar after it left here I am quite certain that there is no marker line on your guitar.

Also, if you would, point me to other guitars we have with this line."

HIM:"I'm very glad to hear that the guitars are not factory seconds, and it's beyond inconceivable that the line on my guitar (like the others) got there after you shipped it given the pack job - hodini couldn't break into that. - Just a little concerned, because I love the guitar (and the stuff you list), and was contemplating buying more - just threw me for a loop when I got it, then I saw the others with the same marks, and lots of thoughts started running thu my head."

HIM: "I went through most of your guitar listings and looked at the pictures. They all have the same black "sharpie" maker line across the headstock. My guitar has the same mark on it.

I've seen and played a lot of these guitars and none of them have that mark. Can you please tell me why your guitars have it and what the significance of it is?

I hope that your reply will be honest so we can put this issue to rest and figure out a solution."

ME:"I hope you got all of the pictures I took while out in the field today..
Please examine your guitar closely starting at the body and following the black `lines` all the way to the top.

If you still think there is anything unusual please take it by an authorized Ibanez dealer or join jemsite.com and post picture there with a title along the lines of `does this look right?`
jemsite is full of real experts on this type of guitar.

I will say one more time...I have sold many Ibanez with this type of 5 piece neck and they all look exactly like the ones I have on ****...no seconds, no marker lines, nothing unusual in the slightest.

Finally, I submit to you a link to one of my main competitions listings...see 2nd picture.
http://cgi.****.com/ws/****ISAPI.dll...category=33043
He has many guitars and many pictures to look at.

I really dont know what else to say or do."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 11:45 AM

I apologize for thinking otherwise but your posts at the time seemed like you were as confused as the person you sold to. Probably would have been easier to just post "I'm sending a customer to read this thread. Everyone tell him that line is the walnut in the neck."
post #63 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Secret View Post
I apologize for thinking otherwise but your posts at the time seemed like you were as confused as the person you sold to. Probably would have been easier to just post "I'm sending a customer to read this thread. Everyone tell him that line is the walnut in the neck."
No problem....I was just doing my best to not seem to be steering the thread thus I absolutely didn't want to "tell" anyone what to say..the guy was too out there to give him any fodder (and it was a little tongue in cheek).

Reread the thread, if I really do seem that confused PM and I will continue to work on my writing skills.
post #64 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 05:05 AM Thread Starter

Well im convinced hes a good seller, i look forward to getting a J custom from meestursparkle in the next month or so.
post #65 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 05:43 AM
Vendor

You might want to expedite that. Ibanez has banned the retail export of Ibanez guitars from Japan, in effect 1/25/10.
post #66 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
You might want to expedite that. Ibanez has banned the retail export of Ibanez guitars from Japan, in effect 1/25/10.
wait, what? does that mean you can't legally buy new j. customs outside of japan...?
post #67 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 06:27 AM
Vendor

You can expect LOTS of changes coming, as Net Enforcers start their troll through the websites for policy violations, e-bay will be completely transformed, and there are some possible policy changes for many countries. There is some language in my policy agreement addendum that might spell out even bigger change, but until that's clarified, I'll refrain from comment.

J Customs were never meant to be sold outside of Japan except through distributors that got permission to do so, and that is the bottom line.
post #68 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebake View Post
wait, what? does that mean you can't legally buy new j. customs outside of japan...?
As Rich goes on to say ... and hi and thx for the info, i heard somewhere unofficial a similar thing, now it's confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
You can expect LOTS of changes coming, as Net Enforcers start their troll through the websites for policy violations, e-bay will be completely transformed, and there are some possible policy changes for many countries. There is some language in my policy agreement addendum that might spell out even bigger change, but until that's clarified, I'll refrain from comment.

J Customs were never meant to be sold outside of Japan except through distributors that got permission to do so, and that is the bottom line.
This has been on the cards for awhile, lets just hope they hit the fecking Chibanez brigade as hard as the loyals

Rob
post #69 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 06:50 AM
Vendor

The Chinese front is controlled by, the Chinese. They will only allow to be closed, what they'll allow. There is no greater effort the consortium can put forward, they're doing all they can, and China controls what happens in China.

We need to do a better job of shutting down the websites that aren't under Chinese control, but they've got so many directions going on right now, at least e-bay is being kept clean and that still accounted for a huge bulk of their sales in the past.
post #70 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:03 AM

Ahhhh, i'm still reporting what i find, i never realised that the Chinese authorities were not helping, explains a lot tbh

Anyhoo, Rich, you'll have a email in about 10 mins or so, need to pick your brains Muahahahahahaha

- Back on Topic

2nd hand looks like it's the only way of getting JC's now then, Of which, the above 2 guys have a few from time to time, so hit them up www.ibanezrules.com is where to start

Rob
post #71 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

So am i not going to be able to buy from meestursparkle or what
post #72 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera95 View Post
So am i not going to be able to buy from meestursparkle or what
Best to drop him a line and see what he says mate.
post #73 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Yep, just gotta wait for a reply. Hope its not true, i love the purple 8420. hes selling them for so cheap its ridiculous. I cant wait to get my hands on one
post #74 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:53 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you don't get the one Sparkle has that model of JCRG isn't too hard to come across, there are a few other models quite similar to it as well.
post #75 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:56 AM

Well, this certainly is a kick in the nads. Not that I'd get more new JCustom's without Rich stocking them anyways but let's hope this policy does help deter the Chibanez crap some.
Rich is right that losing the 'bay was a huge blow to them. I remember a flood of J7WH's all selling for a penny with 300 USD s&h. Tho let's be honest, Ibanez let that stuff slide for the longest time, it seemed.

Tags
guitars , ibanez , j custom , prestige , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode