J customs In Aus - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 64
J customs In Aus

Hey, im loving the j customs but i have not yet found some where in Australia that sells them (for a good price). I was thinking ****, but there rarely on there anyway
Does anyone know a reliable overseas dealer that could ship to Australia?

What about ****, i could always get one shipped from Europe on ****, but is that safe?.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks - Tom
Pantera95 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 07:50 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 1,271
Re: J customs In Aus

Chech out ibanezrules.com.

They had two at Musos Corner in Newcastle not long ago, but $5499AUD on special is a little too steep for me. Damn they played nice though.

Rock on!
HeavyMetal4Ever is offline  
post #3 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 64
Re: J customs In Aus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetal4Ever View Post
Chech out ibanezrules.com.

They had two at Musos Corner in Newcastle not long ago, but $5499AUD on special is a little too steep for me. Damn they played nice though.

Rock on!

Thanks ill check em out, Any idea what models they were?
Pantera95 is offline  
post #4 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 11:13 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 1,271
Re: J customs In Aus

Pretty sure they were RG8570Z's. Same spec as the ones on the Japanese Ibanez site.

Rock on!
HeavyMetal4Ever is offline  
post #5 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 03:24 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Adelaide , Australia
Posts: 1,297
Re: J customs In Aus

EEE bay, a guy called 'meestursparkle' deals from japan and has them all the time. Do a search for JC's and his listing's will show up. There is also one over here in Aus (Melbourne) on the bay at the moment priced well,it's a 2007 8470 in prominence red,dimarzio's,edge pro trem.
Once you own a JC or two there's no going back,good luck.
corey j grieve is offline  
post #6 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 07:06 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 426
Re: J customs In Aus

Check out http://www.importstrings.com
guitarnoize is offline  
post #7 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 07:12 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Northwest UK & NSW Australia
Posts: 764
Re: J customs In Aus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera95 View Post
Hey, im loving the j customs but i have not yet found some where in Australia that sells them (for a good price). I was thinking ****, but there rarely on there anyway
Does anyone know a reliable overseas dealer that could ship to Australia?

What about ****, i could always get one shipped from Europe on ****, but is that safe?.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks - Tom
Hey Tom.... Sent you a private message, if you are in NSW you can check mine out! I have one for sale in the classifieds too!!
IbanezNorthwest is offline  
post #8 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 64
Re: J customs In Aus

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey j grieve View Post
EEE bay, a guy called 'meestursparkle' deals from japan and has them all the time. Do a search for JC's and his listing's will show up. There is also one over here in Aus (Melbourne) on the bay at the moment priced well,it's a 2007 8470 in prominence red,dimarzio's,edge pro trem.
Once you own a JC or two there's no going back,good luck.
Yeah that guy has alot of j customs, for about 2300 aus $$ shipped, but do you think that shipping that far in reliable. Im just worried getting something shipped here could leave me with a broken guitar?
Pantera95 is offline  
post #9 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 10:23 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,559
Re: J customs In Aus

Send Rich an email at Ibanezrules.com. He ships to Aus. I have a close friend that's bought 2 guitars (1 guitar, 1 bass guitar) from Rich already.
wilch is offline  
post #10 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 12:44 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 39
Re: J customs In Aus

I'd definitely go with Rich at ibanezrules. As a plus the USD exchange rate is fantastic at the moment. Since you are in Australia another consideration might be ETguitars if you want a custom guitar built. Because ET bill in USD it's also a good time to buy from them.

Australian Ibanez prices are true hilarity.
Bildi is offline  
post #11 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 64
Re: J customs In Aus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilch View Post
Send Rich an email at Ibanezrules.com. He ships to Aus. I have a close friend that's bought 2 guitars (1 guitar, 1 bass guitar) from Rich already.
Yeah i checked out his site, he has a lot of guitars up! But not many prestiges? but alot of j customs.
Although i do like the prices of this fellow on ****
Pantera95 is offline  
post #12 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 07:13 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Adelaide , Australia
Posts: 1,297
Re: J customs In Aus

Meestursparkle,it will be on your doorstep in 4 days max in perfect shape. He double boxes everything,I've bought 3 or 4 through him,flawless and fast! Plus he has the best selection due to living in Japan.
corey j grieve is offline  
post #13 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 64
Re: J customs In Aus

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey j grieve View Post
Meestursparkle,it will be on your doorstep in 4 days max in perfect shape. He double boxes everything,I've bought 3 or 4 through him,flawless and fast! Plus he has the best selection due to living in Japan.
So you live in AUS and bought from him before. He has the cheapest J customs ever! How reliable is he? Ive always thought that buying guitars of **** overseas is unsafe? were all the guitar you baught from him perfect?

Thanks
Pantera95 is offline  
post #14 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 07:29 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 12
Re: J customs In Aus

I picked up a HRG1802 from Sydney late last year, be patient and you will find what you are after. (i was waiting for well over a year for something i wanted at a reasonable price)
Caino is offline  
post #15 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 09:05 PM
 
IbanezFreak777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,163
Reviews: 25
Re: J customs In Aus

Is there a specific J Custom your after ?
IbanezFreak777 is offline  
Reply

Tags
guitars , ibanez , j custom , prestige , steve vai

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USA Customs zeke72 All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 82 03-23-2015 11:28 AM
J-Customs in UK? Gudster All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 21 01-18-2008 06:21 PM
Where to buy J customs? ShredMeister All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 17 06-16-2005 02:48 PM
What are the J Customs available now? gargamelesp All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 2 05-15-2005 02:58 PM
J Customs now available in the UK! Artist All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 1 07-29-2004 12:29 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome