Jackson 7 strings. what do u think? - still searching for an - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Jackson 7 strings. what do u think? - still searching for an

*Just wondering if anyone has tried the jackson 7 strings. I saw that they have a Flying V 7 string and i was wondering what u guys and gals thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2001, 07:47 AM

Jackson 7 strings. what do u think?

The Jackson 7's are okay I guess...they look okay anyway. Every one I have tried kept going out of tune though. A friend of mine said that Jackson has a problem with the necks shifting all the time for some reason. If you go through the guitars and try them first, you'll see what's cool and what's not. Don't let some moron at a guitar store rush ya' with "Ya' ready to buy now????". ESP makes some very stable and affordable 7-strings in their LTD series. And actually they come with some very expensive looking finishes...ESP did a good job on that series, and gave them lots of attention. Check them out...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2001, 03:09 PM

Ibanez forum, Jackson question! *

I think that their hardtails or string thrus might be worth checking out, but Ibanez has seven strings of equal quality and value.

That being said, it comes down to two things - your budget and the neck, frets and electronics. *Everything else is probably the same. *Although Ibanez doesn't offer a V styled 7 string.

(Edited by kirk at 3:10 pm on Aug. 11, 2001)
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2001, 10:26 PM

As far as non-Ibanez brand budget 7 strings, I think the ESP H-207 is a great deal. I've played a few and recently set one up for a bud that he got at Mars Music for $319 new.

I couldn't believe it was that cheap. It played really well (after a good setup) and the stock pickups were actually decent.

May want to check it out.

BTW, it's a thru-body hardtail as well.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 01:55 AM

Jacksons are all crap now. *Unless you spend the money on a USA made one, all the others are now made in Indonesia, not Japan. *Buy a Japanese Ibanez, like the 7421XL or 7420. *Hell, even buy the 7321, at least its made in Korea and not Indonesia. *
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 08:59 AM

A lot of Jacksons that aren't made in the USA are made in Japan, you just have to fork out the cash for them. *Not all of the foreign models are made in Indonesia.

All of the manufacturers have competitive lines, and the price will always dictate the quality, options, availability and origin of production.

The real answer to your question lies in which one you're comfortable with, price wise and playability. *My advice is to check them out for yourself. *

Don't be fooled by the "tricks." *A lot of cheap guitars look awesome and appear to have cool options but are truly pieces of junk.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 10:54 PM

They are now man. *My friend's store (a Mom&Pop rarity) is a Jackson dealer, and the whole line, except for the USA's, are indonesian. *Thats why there was a dramatic price drop for 2001. *The last Japanese models were last year. *

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode