Jackson Adrian Smith replica - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Jackson Adrian Smith replica

I decided to make my old Squier with floyd rose become a replica of the guitar from my favorite guitarist: Mr. Adrian Smith.
The guitar will be based on the white Jackson Stratocaster '80s, which he used in tour of the albums Somewhere in time and Seventh son of seventh son

there is a photo of the guitar: adriansmith.jpg

The neck: one piece maple, 22 jumbo frets, black dots, double action truss rod, locking nut 43 mm (R3), there is still deciding what will be the radius of the fretboard, it will be 16 or a compound one (12 to 16) , satin finish, and gloss finish on the headstock.

The tuners: Gotoh's black, no lock

The body, will be a Squier 90s, alder and floyd rose, and as the cavity of the neck pick up is single it needs to be increased.
Pickups:

Bridge: Dimarzio super distortion f spaced black.

Middle: Keystone K-200

Neck: Seymour Duncan 59

Electric: 5 position selector switch, one volume knob and tone.

Pickguard: Custom Warmoth's. Black / white / black hsh.

Bridge: Floyd Rose Pro-line.

Paint: Gloss white
Note: All hardware will be black
The project will be done with this luthier:http://www.musicmaker.com.br/

What do you think? Will be a versatile guitar? Comment and give suggestions!

I'll post pictures of the guitar soon
Sorry about my bad english
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Re: Jackson Adrian Smith replica

All the parts were purchased at Warmoth and stewmac. Except the bridge and pickups.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 04:26 PM

Definitely an awesome build! You have chosen the best guitarist in my book. I would love to see your progress, so keep posting updates for us. When this guitar is finished, maybe you can build Adrian's synth guitar from Somewhere In Time. I think it was a Jackson...
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungojerrie View Post
Definitely an awesome build! You have chosen the best guitarist in my book. I would love to see your progress, so keep posting updates for us. When this guitar is finished, maybe you can build Adrian's synth guitar from Somewhere In Time. I think it was a Jackson...
Thanks man! definitely Adrian is one of the the best guitarrists ever! and my favourite too! and i will post the progress , for sure!
Yes , maybe i can build , but here in Brazil all these things are too much expensive . i only buy gear when i travel to U.S.A. . check the work of the luthier who will do the project, the guy is amazing!

bye!
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 04:45 PM

Looking forward to seeing it finished
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Geoffroy View Post
Thanks man! definitely Adrian is one of the the best guitarrists ever! and my favourite too! and i will post the progress , for sure!
Yes , maybe i can build , but here in Brazil all these things are too much expensive . i only buy gear when i travel to U.S.A. . check the work of the luthier who will do the project, the guy is amazing!

bye!

Yes I know, my friend. I have a very good friend who lives in Curitiba. He comes to Chicago to visit a few times each year and he always brings a list of things he needs to buy for people back home. Haha When I save enough money, I will go and visit him next time. Maybe I'll meet some nice bunda.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungojerrie View Post
Yes I know, my friend. I have a very good friend who lives in Curitiba. He comes to Chicago to visit a few times each year and he always brings a list of things he needs to buy for people back home. Haha When I save enough money, I will go and visit him next time. Maybe I'll meet some nice bunda.
hahhahha, here in brazil ass is what it does not lack ! hahhaha
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractionallz View Post
Looking forward to seeing it finished
me too!!!
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

what do you think about the radius of freatboard? is better to use 16 or the compound one (12 to 16)?
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 06:13 PM

Reviews: 4

i think 12 to 16 compound radius will be the best if you look at the current adrian smith model it will be that radius

p.s i also i think it is so cool your putting in all the hardware from the old version and not the new h-s-s ones there making now
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

I think that i will chose the compound, because I love playing in vintage fenders and jacksons!
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarnub3 View Post
i think 12 to 16 compound radius will be the best if you look at the current adrian smith model it will be that radius

p.s i also i think it is so cool your putting in all the hardware from the old version and not the new h-s-s ones there making now
yes , i doing that to look exact like the old one.
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 06:43 PM

so any guess when it should be done?
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarnub3 View Post
so any guess when it should be done?
yes, next February, because I'm in a period of hard study, so I will delivery the guitar to the luthier in december. will take time but will certainly be worth.
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Geoffroy View Post
yes, next February, because I'm in a period of hard study, so I will delivery the guitar to the luthier in december. will take time but will certainly be worth.
cant wait to see it. adrian is one of my biggest influences.

Tags
jackson adrian smith

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode