Jackson Crop Circle Inlays - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Jackson Crop Circle Inlays

Does anyone happen to have pics they can post of Jackson Crop Circle inlays or know where I can find them on the web? I've heard they look amazing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 07:35 AM

-Ben
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 12:26 PM

Gracing the humble, unobtrusive Roswell Rhoads.
I've never really liked them, I've always thought they should go right up the neck.
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 02:35 PM

Yep- I agree with ya Globbits.
And I never liked how LARGE they were. Smaller inlays and 24 frets would make this much more paletable to me
And look at the 3rd fret inlay- would be better if the fretboard wood was between the concentric circles, rather than that filler/glue. Just my opinion.

-Ben
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 02:52 PM

Weren't the Hanson brother MM'Bopping on that thing or was it Silverchair?
A real disgrace if you ask me... The first series was very very very expensive I believe I've read somewhere once...
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 04:42 PM

Aye twas Silverchair,And yay the first run was effin expensive,due to them being made out of the crashed UFO at roswell hence the name,Also the crop circle inlays were done with Mars rock .. Tis true ... lmao

Oh and the PRS dragons are made with "REAL" dragons tooo

Rob

(is laying off the happy juice for sometime no doubt)
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much, Ben. Those are very cool if not what I'd pictured in my noggin. Very cool nonetheless. Thanks again.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 06:40 PM

No prob bpd111. I really like the concept of the inlays, but not the execution. Guitar looks like a nice ride, though.

-Ben
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 07:16 PM

If you want to see a better example of the inlays, check out the 7 string soloist at www.prototypeonline.com

That guitar looks sweet, except I'd rather black, without the reversed headstock.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 07:18 PM

If you want to see a better example of the inlays, check out the 7 string soloist at www.prototypeonline.com - go to Gallery, then Photography and then the link "Kragen's new guitar arrives"

That guitar looks sweet, except I'd rather black, without the reversed headstock.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 07:21 PM

hmm.. that's my first double post
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 11:55 PM

Wow, these look much better than on the Roswell, sweet guitar too....
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 01:30 AM

You think the filler is bad on that 3rd fret inlay? lol...I saw one of Ed Roman's copies...he does that on all the inlays. It's like he just cuts the shape of the outline, throws in the inlay, then fills up the gaps. Pretty bad.

As for the first run, yes they were made from aircraft aluminum, and yes Silverchair were seen with them. Daniel Johns has about 3 of them. Amir Derakh from Orgy also has several of them, both aluminum and the newer composite wood ones. His are usually heavily modified, and often have synth systems built in. One is outfitted with a sustainer and a Roland GK system that he really liked for the Vapor Transmission CD. The crop circles themselves are kinda a strange thing because sometimes you find really nice ones, and other times there's a bit of filler. Alot of the more recent ones, right before discontinuation were nice because instead of the handmade inlays at the Custom shop, they used laser-cut ones, and just mass produced the inlays in no time. Many of the crop circles inlay pieces that companies sell for you to do at home are actual Jackson leftovers supposedly. That was the rumor...
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 06:58 AM

Ridiculously expensive though-4000 for a 1 humbucker, poor upper fret access, under inlayed cool looking bit of metal. Get a Dave mustaine sig model.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryangraye
If you want to see a better example of the inlays, check out the 7 string soloist at www.prototypeonline.com - go to Gallery, then Photography and then the link "Kragen's new guitar arrives"
Man, i can't imagine spending all that money on a custom-shop Jackson only to have a TRS-7 trem on it.

Tags
custom guitar , custom guitars , custom jackson , custom shop , dave mustaine , fret access , fret inlay , fretboard wood , reversed headstock , upper fret , upper fret access

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode