Jackson DK2M? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Jackson DK2M?

Anybody here own a Jackson DK2M? What do you think of it?

I tried a nice new blue DK2M in a guitar shop yesterday, reduced to £380... fatal mistake... very nice guitar, didn't plug it in but seemed a very solid guitar, good for gigging with. Nice to play, neck somewhat thicker than the Prestige RG I'm used to but still nice and fast for me. I'm sorely tempted into buying it!

So should I go for it? Been looking for a backup/alternative for gigging for my RG2550 for some time now. Whaddaya think?

Also, very minor point but is the DK2M made in Japan or America?

Any other comments welcome.

'87
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 11:17 AM

Re: Jackson DK2M?

DK2M's are made in Japan, and they are great guitars, don't hesitate.

Rock on!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 12:03 PM

Very good guitars. I have thought long and hard about picking up a white one a couple of times. White with maple board = awesome.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 12:23 PM

My nephew has the DK2 which is the same but with rosewood fretboard and 2 single coils instead of a neck humbucker.

It's pretty nice! The neck profile is sweet and the upper-fret access is good. My gripes with them is that the hardware is cheap crap and the pickups are a bit on the weak side (though certainly 'playable'.) I wouldn't pay near £400 for it though.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your opinions! Read some other reviews online and it seems a no-brainer.

Have had a look around and up here in Jockland the price seems to average £400 for a new DK2M, so £380 sounds as good as it will get, am going back to the shop in a few days' time to try it plugged in and will make a decision then.

P.S. Does it come with a hard-case?

'87
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 12:37 PM

Yep...they are great guitars for the money. I use mine all the time.

It's not as nice as some the other guitars I have... but it's nice to able grab the inexpensive, DK2M and not worry too much about messing it up.

You should be pleased with the sound. They come equipped with Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz pups.

Some people will say the trem is cheap...but I don't think so. They have made the base plates stronger in recent years. The only thing I didn't like was the trem bar. You can swap it out with a OFR if you like.... I did.

Funny thing is...by the time my new bar arrived, the original bar was working pretty well. It seems to take a while for the tension bushing to "break-in".

No Case...at least not in the US.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 12:57 PM

Actually, if you like the DK2M but can deal with a rosewood fretboard instead, I'd definitely consider putting a little extra cash together and picking up a used SL3. They come with original Floyds and are neck-thru! I'm 99% certain they come with a molded case too
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 12:58 PM

Check this out, it's one tasty axe

or how about this?

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 07:50 PM

The SL3 is a great guitar, but it doesn not come with a case either.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Very nice!

Love neck-thrus but can't stretch the budget just now (nor for quite a while yet...), the SL is pretty awesome.

'87
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 12:21 PM

Had a DK2M in the blue bengal finish, and i thought it was a great guitar. Pickups sounded great, trem worked great, setup was good, although the high E was a bit close to the edge of the fretboard.
I sold because i didn't really care for the neck profile.

Great guitar for the money though.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 01:15 AM

Well crap, just get one of these then (my personal favorite)...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode