Jackson PC1 - That guy from Def Leppard's guitar - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Jackson PC1 - That guy from Def Leppard's guitar

Ahh... it's good to be back - albeit with yet another user name. Sorry for having a bad memory, Glen.

As the title suggests, this is about the PC1; I was wondering if anybody has actually played one of these? Unfortunately, they don't hang these on very many shop walls in Birmingham so I've never even seen one in person, so can anybody tell me what these guitars are like?

Oh, by the way... I've just watched the Satch/Johnson/Vai G3 DVD and now consider myself right at the bottom of the ladder, as such.

Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 08:35 PM

Jackson PC1

If I had to judge by looks and technical feature merit, this is a very sweet guitar! *And by rule, Jackson's are usually really nicely made guitars....I just love all that MAPLE
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 08:48 PM

Jackson PC1

I had one in my hands very briefly...and was quite impressed. *I'm not really a fan of Jacksons or maple fretboards, but this is a great piece. *I did spend more time on the PC-3...the little bro, Jap-made, satin finish. *Great guitar for the money.
Greg
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2001, 08:12 AM

Jackson PC1

I spent about two hours with one a week ago, and I have owned a PC3. *Huge difference!

If you're used to the thin necks found on most shredders, run away from the PC1. *The neck is as round as a Louisville Slugger at the big end! *But, it feels great.

It's got some great features, including the Sustainer. *The Sustainer in the one I tried vibrated the stings so much that you could feel it. *Swithcing between the two modes of operation yields some excellent sound!

I prefer the Au Natural finish, but the one I tried has a clear coat and I think what is called the Solar finish. *The body is heavy too, of course because it is made of Mahogany.

Overall, it is a sweet guitar. *Takes a minimum of 12-18 months to get one in a color of your choice (possibly longer over seas) and an excellent price tag is in the $1300-1400 range, although most dealers try to sell for $1400-1600.

Good luck!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2001, 10:05 AM

Jackson PC1

The PC1 is the best Jackson I have ever played - beautiful quailty, beautiful woods etc. *Nice pickups (DiMarzio Super 2 or 3 / Fernandez Sustainer), the neck is pretty wide but no more so than a plump Fender Strat - certainly not in the Jeff Beck Strat league, but the one thing that threw me was the lack of fretmarkers on the fingerboard - may not be a big issue when you have owned the guitar a few weeks but in the 30 mins or so I spent on one it threw me.

The PC3 does not compare btw, it has a maple veneer (about 1 mm) unlike the sumptuious maple top of the PC3.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2001, 05:03 AM

Jackson PC1

If I could get my hands on one here in Sweden for $1400 I'd get one of each color. Here they retail for over $4000! It's *******
insane!
I'm actually planning a trip to the states in a year or so to get a couple of guitars. I will save thousands of bucks on that trip.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2001, 02:09 PM

Jackson PC1

Just remember one thing - CUSTOMS!! They can hit you with a huge VAT bill for bringing instruments into your country! *

Also try and take them with you in the plane not in the unpressurised hull - neck warpage my lad!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-24-2001, 11:04 AM

Jackson PC1

I have a PC1 and it's a fantastic guitar. Mine is Koa body I believe (they switched to Mahogany later) and the sustainer is fantastic. Oh, BTW it is a Floyd Rose Sustainer, NOT a Fernandes system. The Floyd sustainer still allows the pickup selector switch to work with the sustainer on, unlike the Fernandes system. Dunno the specs, but the neck does not feel at all 'clubby' to me either and I'm playing an RG1077XL at the moment. You can pick these up in the UK for about 1500-1600 UKP I believe. They're worth it too!

Tags
clear coat , fender strat , floyd rose , jeff beck , jeff beck strat , koa body , maple fret , maple fretboard , pickup selector switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode