Jackson Pro series - need info IDing my new 6-string - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

Jackson Pro series - need info IDing my new 6-string

Recently, I have been looking a cheap 6-string to add to my collection of 7-string axes. *So I just decided one day to stop in at the good ole Guitar Center & what do I see? *A Jackson Professional series guitar for only $149. *I talked him down to $125 though. * *The guitar plays extremely nice and seems it would be worth way more than what I paid for it. *Pretty cool find, but I'd like to know more about it.

It's 24 frets w/ offset JPM style inlays, H-S-S pickup config, Floyd Rose trem, 1 volume & 1 tone knob, 5-way pup selector, & Transparent Ivory in color. *The body is pretty close to an Ibanez S-series style. *SN# 911393, if that helps. *I wanna know what the body wood is, the pickup type, etc. *Is the Transparent Ivory a rarity? *I haven't seen another Jackson with that paint job. *Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 07:47 AM

Jackson Pro series

That sounds like a "Concept." *Is the body square on the bottom like a Soloist but thin like an S series on the top?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 07:47 AM

Jackson Pro series

You sure it's 24 frets? *If so, I've never seen one like it.

If it's 22 frets, it sounds like a Jackson Stealth. *VERY nice Japanese made guitar; IMO, equal to a Sabre (even if it IS a ripoff of that model... ;-)

Very light; I think it's basswood. *Jackson trem (JT580) - early ones (JT590) were Schaller, but they're both good OFR copies.

Pups are Jacksons; no great shakes, but not too bad. *Not up to the IBZUSA or V series Ibanez, but at least as good as Ibanez's Korean ones.

$125 is a STEAL on this axe.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Jackson Pro series

I'm pretty sure it was 24 frets, but it may be 22. *I can't get it from the store until the end of the month. *They have to hold it for a month to make sure it clears the police reports in case it was stolen. *What does this axe normally sell for new and used? *

Anyway, the body is just as you described, Kirk. *Anymore info? *Thanks a bunch guys.

(Edited by revsharp777 at 9:18 am on April 5, 2002)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 07:46 PM

Jackson Pro series

I thought the concept was a LINE of guitars (right below the Professional line). *If the headstock says "professional", it isn't a concept. *I have one like you describe, Kirk - it's a concept JSX-94. *IRC there was also a dinky version (JDR-94).
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 11:17 AM

Jackson Pro series

JSX-94

I think you're right Jester, the body style matches a concept, but I think the stealth also had the same body style. *The Concepts were the predecessor to the Stealth, or something like that.. *Although, most Stealths that I have seen had a truss rod cover with "Stealth" inscribed on it.

Fortunately for you, $125 is right on IMHO. *I bought one last year for $99 but it had a pretty good gouge in it, on the back. *But, the neck was well worn, almost had an oiled feel to it. *The pickups sucked and I switched out the stock for a DiMarzio Mega Drive in the bridge. *I only used it as a "crossover" guitar to tide me over until I got both of my guitars back that were being refinished. *

I think in their time, they were the equal of the RG 3/4** series.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 05:49 PM

Jackson Pro series

No, the Stealth body had the thin edges both top & bottom. *Had one of those, too (Stealth Professional EX). *No Stealth models in the Concept line IIRC, only the HX & EX versions in the Professional line. *Awesome guitars. *The Professional line should actually say "Jackson Professional" on the headstock, but my JSX-94 says "Jackson Concept" on the headstock, and JSX-94 on the truss rod cover. *The dinky body version also says "Jackson Concept" on the headstock, but "JDR-94" on the truss cover.

...and the people on the Jackson forum bitch about the confusion with Ibanez serial numbers...sheesh. ;-)

These are all very nice imports, with the Professional line slightly better. *Many Jackson fans find them pretty much equal to the USA bolt ons of the time.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 08:52 PM

Jackson Pro series

OK, so where does that leave us then? *It has a Concept body, but does it say Professional on the headstock.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 03:58 PM

Jackson Pro series

Smokin' deal Rev! *I have a Jackson Professional JTX and the guitar is very sweet. *Mine has a Tele body style in purpleburst. *Ash body, the absolute thinnest maple neck you've EVER felt. *Standard Floyd, etc. *I wouldn't part with the guitar for less than $500, and even then I probably wouldn't.

Congrats,
G
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 04:28 PM

Jackson Pro series

Quote:
kirk on 8:52 pm on April 7, 2002
OK, so where does that leave us then? *It has a Concept body, but does it say Professional on the headstock.
Sheesh, ya got me. *I never heard of that body style being CALLED concept. *I thought it was just "JSX". *Of course, I never knew that was offered in the Professional line, either. *No chance he neck was swapped, is there?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 06:40 PM

Jackson Pro series

It wouldn't surprise me. *I wish I had pics of the Concept I used to have!

Tags
floyd rose , floyd rose trem , maple neck , truss cover , truss rod , truss rod cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode