Jackson Quality "Levels" vs Ibanez Quality "Levels" - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 10:52 PM

Re: Jackson Quality "Levels" vs Ibanez Quality "Levels"

I've played a few MIJ Jacksons, and I would say that the neck finishing and overall quality is better with Prestige Ibanez's. I was comparing a MIJ Dinky to some Prestige Ibanez's and it wasn't much of a comparison. But giving the Jacksons due credit, they played well and had decent specs, although they lost points in the quality of the floating bridge (licensed floyd vs edge pro? Please.). I would suggest a MIJ Dinky over almost any of the Korean Ibanez's though (except maybe s series axes). And I wasn't all that impressed with a USA Dinky I tried out, but I did have very high expectations. It was pretty good. I wouldn't say extraordinarily better than my RG2550E though, and it was a good chunk of change more money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 10:37 AM

I recently spent some time with a new DKMG Dinky. Its one of the newer ones as it had the upgrade from EMG HZs or whatever they are called to the EMG 81-85 set. What an axe, it is easily finished as well as (if not better) than my RG 2550e. I'm strongly thinking about selling my RR3 for one.
post #18 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 01:16 PM

If I were to get a Jackson, I would only get a USA model. I'm not that wild about most of their lower/mid end stuff.
post #19 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylay00 View Post
If I were to get a Jackson, I would only get a USA model. I'm not that wild about most of their lower/mid end stuff.
To each his own. A lot of their Pro Series guitars are pretty nice.
post #20 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 09:15 PM

I have a Jackson DKMG (the one with a Floyd Rose) and its fantastic for rhythm and lead! The DKMGT will basically be the same minus the Floyd obviously! The guitars are extremely light and hav really thin necks! Its probably very close to an Ibanez Prestige, maybe slightly better! Plus its around the same price range as an Ibanez Prestige! But they are awesome guitars! I'd recommend it!
post #21 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 10:27 PM

I liked my DK2M so much that i got rid of my RG570 cause i thought it sucked in comparison, granted that oppinion isnt based on trem use since i blocked mine straight away.
post #22 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 11:55 PM

I´ve played several jackson pro series and well in my opinion they are really good, however, prestige ibanez are better built, prestiges just feel a lot better when you grab them, I´m not talking about neck comfort as that is completely personal, I mean yo can feel the quality in a prestige.
post #23 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 11:23 PM

I've always thought jackson's is the better guitar than ibanez.
post #24 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 12:07 AM

if you get a well built USA jackson, nothing touches them considering fit finish and playablility. you also might get a pile of ****
post #25 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyCakes View Post
you also might get a pile of ****
That's a big risk for a $2000 guitar. I rather spend that amount on 2 more Prestiges; every single Prestige I've tried out has been of excellent quality. Besides, I am very happy with the 2 MIJ Jacksons that I have purchased over the past few months. But, in terms of quality, MIJ Ibanez > MIJ Jackson IMHO

Link:
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69888

Cheers
post #26 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvai View Post
Ive played several jackson pro series and well in my opinion they are really good, however, prestige ibanez are better built, prestiges just feel a lot better when you grab them, Im not talking about neck comfort as that is completely personal, I mean yo can feel the quality in a prestige.
I have a '90 Pro Soloist, and it is an extremely good guitar. Good enough so that I sold my J Custom RG-9570 and kept the Pro. So, not all Pro's are the same. Any '90 to '93 Pro is going to flat out rule. To say the Prestige quality is better is simply opinion;I would say the oposite.
post #27 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 03:29 PM

Mickael Jackson has less sustain than any korean made Ibanez!
post #28 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 05:09 PM

y'know when I was a teenager all I wanted was a crackle finish jackson... I didnt give a monkies what model it was but I couldnt afford one anyway.. but I lived in rose-morris every lunchtime wishing that I could and eyeing up the gallien kruger gear at the same time...

I wish they would bring back the crackle, id buy one in a heartbeat..
post #29 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
y'know when I was a teenager all I wanted was a crackle finish jackson... I didnt give a monkies what model it was but I couldnt afford one anyway.. but I lived in rose-morris every lunchtime wishing that I could and eyeing up the gallien kruger gear at the same time...

I wish they would bring back the crackle, id buy one in a heartbeat..
That was Adrian Smith's basic set-up from 1986-1988. Are you a Maiden fan?
post #30 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
I have a '90 Pro Soloist, and it is an extremely good guitar. Good enough so that I sold my J Custom RG-9570 and kept the Pro. So, not all Pro's are the same. Any '90 to '93 Pro is going to flat out rule. To say the Prestige quality is better is simply opinion;I would say the oposite.
I guess I should have been more specific in my statement. In my opinion, the 2007 Prestige > 2007 MIJ Jackson....at least the ones I own.

I've heard that the old Pro's are about on par with the current USA's, is that true?

Cheers

Tags
adrian smith , alder bodied , alder body , bridge pup , custom ibanez , custom shop , custom shop guitar , dave gilmour , dave mustaine , distorted tone , distorted tones , duncan pickups , ebony board , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , floyd rose , george benson , grover jackson , ibanez guitars , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , ibanez pickups , ibanez trem , jackson guitars , jackson pro series , joe satriani , john scofield , les paul , local music shop , maple neck , maple necks , marty friedman , neck finish , pat metheny , playing guitar , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , prestige necks , pro edge , reverse headstock , rosewood fretboard , scott ian , sharkfin inlays , truss rod , truss rod cover , usa custom shop , vintage strat , volume knobs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in