Jackson Quality "Levels" vs Ibanez Quality "Levels" - Page 7 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 06:05 AM

Re: Jackson Quality "Levels" vs Ibanez Quality "Levels"

i got a cobalt blue DKMG with arch top pirahna inlays and emg 81,85 jackson lo-pro jt 580 and reverse headstock with comlete binding,the action is a hairs breadth and it was easier to set up than any rg i ever owend(but still not as playable),this is a metal thrash monster and would really suit a gigging guitarist who plays heavy music,for that this is a better guitar than the rg`s,they sound meaner than ibanez but are not as nice to play imo!,anyway its for sale its a late 2007 model upgrade in ex nick,will swap for a rg770 0r maple neck rg5xx,or sell?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 06:49 AM

Reading back, I don't think my point really came across.
When I said I wanted Jackson to diversify, I didn't mean they should start making vintage Strat copies or jazzboxes or anything like that. I just meant that they should change a few specs on their existing guitars so that they get more diverse sounds rather than just uber-loud and uber-heavy. Much like my RG570CT really... It's still an RG in every way, it just has a brighter, more Strat-like tone.

In my opinion, the more distortion you use, the less difference you'll hear in tone anyway. So as long as you have high-output humbuckers, you can get a decent metal sound. But with different woods, pickups, wirings etc, you can make the clean and mildly distorted sounds become sweeter, brighter, more 'vintage' etc, making the guitar more versatile... Like playing funk for example.
post #93 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 09:10 PM

i guess it all depends on where the guitars are made to ...

There seems to be this thing with our American cousins, who are under the assumption that the best instruments in the world are made in the USA, i jsut dont think thats the case, dont get me wrong, i think American ahnd made guitars are killer, but i think the Japanese have it down to a fine art.

I had a cheap Jackson PS2, that was Jap made, and it played better than all the cheaper Ibanez stuff, that said my Jem7V, which is a J-Craft affair is stunning and practically plays itself ...

my point is, its not really about the quality of the two brands against each other, but more the care taken into them at the location of thier birth.

That said, i play N4's as well, and they are killer, and they are American made ...

mehhh .... what do i know !!

post #94 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 05:44 PM

I heard the best guitars are made in Canada...
post #95 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 06:14 PM

The case of my Gibson was made in Canada!
post #96 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 10:46 AM

S-man, you can have that red SL2H replaced since Jackson (Fender) has a limited lifetime warranty, which includes imperfect workmanship as an acceptable reason for a replacement.
I got a black SL2H with exactly the same routing problem, the bridge pocket was too big (a 7-string pocket originally?) and the pickup pockets were misaligned. I had it replaced and got a precisely manufactured Soloist without any hassles (thanks MusicZoo).

As for the topic, my 1990 RG 570 was of excellent quality save pickups, and it easily conquered my previous LTD KH602 which was a great thing for its price as well. The action of Wizard I is almost unbeatable, but must say the US Soloist really kicks ass too (as it should for ~$2000, must love the current USD-EUR exchange rate, gotta order another in a few months if the situation doesn't change)!
post #97 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 03:23 PM

There is nothing wrong with the Red SL2H. The blue one had the problems...the Red ghost flame is a Custom Shop guitar. It would take a while to get another one. But, there is no need.

The Blue ghost flame was sent back long ago.
post #98 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 02:59 AM

Oh ye, now as I look at it the guitar does have a different colour
Must've concluded that all of the pictures represent the same instrument. Oh well, it still is a little annoying that even the Select series has such problems (especially for us european customers - shipping back and forth is a task indeed)!
post #99 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 10:03 AM

Hey, since we are comparing quality levels of superstrats, how about ESP/LTD M series? Anyone knows their level?
post #100 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 04:51 AM

I suppose the Deluxe line of LTD (1000 or 600 in Signature series) is fine. I had a KH-602 which was a good guitar indeed, EMG81s, Original Floyd Rose, neck-through-body. After RG570 it was quite a good player, even though the neck is a little fat in my opinion
As far as I know it's quite an exact derivative of the M-series of ESP, main difference being two volume knobs instead of one.

E:
The quality in the Deluxe series I think is very much in line with the price there. Granted a real ESP is manufactured better (I dislike my EC-1000 quite badly already) but for ~$1000 it's a good choice. Maybe the cheaper line of LTD (400, 500) is even better in price/quality department, haven't checked. My next guitar will be an ESP quite surely, after I get to sell the EC-1000

Last edited by akosunen; 04-17-2008 at 04:58 AM.
post #101 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 05:21 AM

Reviews: 2

To me The Ibanez J-Custom is the god of all guitars. I have never touched anything better.

The Jacksons are crap for me.
post #102 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 02:13 PM

Reviews: 12

i once owned a mij dinky ex......IT WAS OUTSTANDING! By way of comparison to the new mij ones though, they just dont seem to be as nice. that said each to his own. Have seen some great looking ibz from the korean factory the rg350, s370 and the earlier rg320fa are spectacular for the cash and are hard to fault!
post #103 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochimaru View Post
To me The Ibanez J-Custom is the god of all guitars. I have never touched anything better.

The Jacksons are crap for me.
I sold all my J Customs and kept my Japanese Jacksons. And the J Customs were all much more expensive as well.
post #104 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 01:29 PM

Well i dont think the quality is going to get better unless you spend alot more cash... I bought a $1000 Schecter and had to send it back.... I bought a jem for $2160 and had to send it back.. the quality was not much better then the $100 and $200 guitars i have bought...maybe i got 1 in a thousand with a problem.. dunno.
post #105 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 01:30 PM
MFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul View Post
I bought a jem for $2160 and had to send it back, the quality was not much better then the $100 and $200 guitars
Um...wut

Tags
adrian smith , alder bodied , alder body , bridge pup , custom ibanez , custom shop , custom shop guitar , dave gilmour , dave mustaine , distorted tone , distorted tones , duncan pickups , ebony board , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , floyd rose , george benson , grover jackson , ibanez guitars , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , ibanez pickups , ibanez trem , jackson guitars , jackson pro series , joe satriani , john scofield , les paul , local music shop , maple neck , maple necks , marty friedman , neck finish , pat metheny , playing guitar , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , prestige necks , pro edge , reverse headstock , rosewood fretboard , scott ian , sharkfin inlays , truss rod , truss rod cover , usa custom shop , vintage strat , volume knobs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode