Jackson Randy Rhoads Type - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Jackson Randy Rhoads Type

I was wondering if anyone can tell me anything? I e-mailed Jackson but they have not resonded yet. It's Japanese made, Randy Rhoads type body, bolt-on neck, dot inlays, double locking trem, flamed maple top which is trans red but the back and sides of the body are black, black hardware, and black pickgaurd. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Also if it helps it says performer on the headstock and the serial number is 9644485. Thanks.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 09:12 PM

I can't tell you anything about the year it was made, but I do know that the pickups (if still original) are Duncan designed. The body is most likley basswood and the trem is a Schaller. Neck is a 2 piece (maybe 3) maple with scarf joint and a rosewood board. Jumbo frets, Dunlop 6100 probly. The guitar isn't bad and worth about the same as a good 90's RG.

Pics?

J>
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

I don't have any pics yet or the guitar. I played it in the store(music-go-round) and fell in love so I put a down payment on it. They were charging $299 for it but they droped the price for me to $249. The pickups are duncan design and the guitar is in great condition with except of the trem which is missing the arm and it's holder and the knob on the 3-way switch is gone. Once I get it I will try to get some pics online. Thanks for the help.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

I thought I found it on the Jackson site in the "discontinued from 2000" area as the ps3t but the pickups are different. They are Jackson and not Duncan design. Guess I will keep looking.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

I've got some late/mid 90's jackson catalogues and I think the one you're after could just be a 96 year model PS3t, but someone maybe switched the jackson pickups for some duncan designed ones?

I know a lot of younger players when the upgrade the pickups on their main guitar put the newly evicted pickups in their backup axe if they're better quality than the ones currently in their backup.

I think these guys have poplar bodies too.

If you go here....jacksoncharvel forum they may be able to help you out better than we can
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Jackson guitars just e-mailed me and said it's a '99 ps3t w/poplar body and retailed new for $725. So would I be getting a good deal for $249? Also any comments on the poplar body? Warmoth.com says it close to alder. Thanks for the help so far guys.

Tags
dot inlay , dot inlays , duncan designed , flamed maple , jackson guitars , jumbo frets , randy rhoads , rosewood board , scarf joint

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode