Ibanez JEM Forum banner
6K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Noodles 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone can tell me anything? I e-mailed Jackson but they have not resonded yet. It's Japanese made, Randy Rhoads type body, bolt-on neck, dot inlays, double locking trem, flamed maple top which is trans red but the back and sides of the body are black, black hardware, and black pickgaurd. Thanks for any help.:)

#3 ·
I can't tell you anything about the year it was made, but I do know that the pickups (if still original) are Duncan designed. The body is most likley basswood and the trem is a Schaller. Neck is a 2 piece (maybe 3) maple with scarf joint and a rosewood board. Jumbo frets, Dunlop 6100 probly. The guitar isn't bad and worth about the same as a good 90's RG.

Pics?

J>

#4 ·
I don't have any pics yet or the guitar. I played it in the store(music-go-round) and fell in love so I put a down payment on it. They were charging $299 for it but they droped the price for me to $249. The pickups are duncan design and the guitar is in great condition with except of the trem which is missing the arm and it's holder and the knob on the 3-way switch is gone. Once I get it I will try to get some pics online. Thanks for the help.:)

#6 ·
I've got some late/mid 90's jackson catalogues and I think the one you're after could just be a 96 year model PS3t, but someone maybe switched the jackson pickups for some duncan designed ones?

I know a lot of younger players when the upgrade the pickups on their main guitar put the newly evicted pickups in their backup axe if they're better quality than the ones currently in their backup.

I think these guys have poplar bodies too.

If you go here....jacksoncharvel forum they may be able to help you out better than we can :)

#7 ·
Jackson guitars just e-mailed me and said it's a '99 ps3t w/poplar body and retailed new for $725. So would I be getting a good deal for $249? Also any comments on the poplar body? Warmoth.com says it close to alder. Thanks for the help so far guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.