JACKSON soloist FENDER stratocaster SUB1 WHICH TO GET - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Question JACKSON soloist FENDER stratocaster SUB1 WHICH TO GET

what do you guys think ? anyone experienced these guitars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:48 PM

Re: JACKSON soloist FENDER stratocaster SUB1 WHICH TO GET

No experience with a Jackson Soloist but I have a Fender strat. I think every guitarist should have at least one strat in their arsenal.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 10:33 PM

It depends man. What do you play, Soloists are for hard rock/metal while the strat is more blues/twang/rock-n-roll stuff. I choose the soloist because i just love their heavy tone and it fits what i play.
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 11:12 PM

Soloist all the way, but it really comes down to your musical style. Try them both and see which one you like better.

(Either way you still buy a Fender product)
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 12:47 AM

the Jackson! Get a Japanese made Professional Soloist from the early 90's, they completely rule. I have two, and I've had a lot of Strats (including an actual '57). The sub is a cheaper version of a better guitar, so it isn't in the same ballpark. If you've never had a nice Soloist, they are magical, amazing instruments. There are a bazillion strats out there, so there's no rush to get one now ;-)
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flobanez
No experience with a Jackson Soloist but I have a Fender strat. I think every guitarist should have at least one strat in their arsenal.
yeap that's right
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom
yeap that's right
very true
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Smile Re: JACKSON soloist FENDER stratocaster SUB1 WHICH TO GET

OK thanks guys
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 09:17 AM

ask 200 people and you get 100 pros and 100 cons

Fender.... no question
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 02:18 PM

Partial to Jacksons, don't care for the strats. I seriously miss the 23rd & 24th frets after playing Jems almost exclusively for 2 years. I had an S540 Saber that I loved, but gave to a friend. One night I picked up for a few minutes and couldn't believe how many times I bumped into the missing 23rd fret.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 02:35 PM

I recently sold my strat... as much as I loved it, I really don't miss having it in the house. I agree about the lack of frets.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 03:25 PM

I agree with FloIbanez that every guitarist should have a strat. Strats are great to learn on, and they don't let you get away with mistakes either so it's a great practice guitar!!!!!!

If you are looking in the $1700 price range (new) or $1200 (used) then the Soloist US SL1 (or SL2H if you want 2 humbuckers!) is a great guitar. I prefer the SL1 myself.

I almost got a SL-1 when I bought my Jem. I did not like it nearly as much but the price was quite attractive ($1050 used as opposed to $1800!). It's a nice guitar though.

If you are looking for a cheaper model of the soloist, then get a Strat. You can buy US strats for quite cheap these days as they are a dime a dozen.

That is what *I* would do!
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 06:37 AM

I have 2 strats and a jackson SLATQH. I would agree everyone should have a strat. Even though they can't do everything, fender really got something right with that design.... That's why its the most popular in the world. I would say get a strat. I still find my self doing gigs with a 100 squire strat with all the other axes i got sometimes
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 09:38 AM

The early 90's Japanese made Professional Soloists (and RRs and Kellys) were made to the exact same specs as their US counterparts. The EXACT specs. They are as good or better than a US Jackson, and that's why that run ended in '94 after starting in '90. The two Pro Soloists I bought this year came to 825 total for 2 guitars and 2 cases. That's the way to go.
Strats...where to start? They are made by many companies, come in hundreds of configurations, and are very prone to good wood/bad wood. To get a great Strat you either need to be lucky or play a bunch of them. A Pro Soloist is the way to go.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 03:27 PM

^^ There was the early line Professional soloists which were copies of the US models, and the later series which was a way scaled down model, so watch out.
Closed Thread

Tags
alder body , bridge pickup , bridge pickups , custom shop , eric clapton , ernie ball , fender strat , jackson soloist , sam ash , squire strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode