Japanese Fenders? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Japanese Fenders?

I was looking to get a second hand strat just to mod the crap out of it, when i started looking at new Japanese Strats.

Ive read in a few places that the higher end model (which arent surposed to be exported...) are of equal quality, if not better than the American strats, but they are around £200 cheaper! They're made of Alder, and have the Texas Special pickups, on paper they seem ideal. The only difference being the tremolo. Is there any major difference between the 6 point and the 2 point trem?

Anyone know anything more about them?

Im looking for a 3 tone sunburst with a maple neck . Which dont seem to pop up on evilbay very often!

Last edited by AirGuitar; 01-08-2007 at 07:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 05:43 AM

Re: Japanese Fenders?

I prefer the vintage 6 point trem by FAR! Its all personal taste though, so if you can try both of the trems before you buy, you can find out which one you prefer. I had the 6 point trem on my Yngwie USA Strat, and it was brilliant. I prefered it to a floyd myself for flutter. But your doing the right thing in looking for a JAP strat, they are great value for money and are just as good as the USA models for a much smaller price.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 07:54 AM

I think these new Jap strats are almost as expensive and the basic USA models. They do look nice though.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 10:22 PM

The japanese strat is a bomb, I've played it which belongs to a guitar tech here and it feels so much better than its american counterpart IMHO

Tags
guitar tech , maple neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode