Japanese Sales Tax - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Japanese Sales Tax

**** Taxes!

I don't wanna pay tax for Japanese gov't -- I already pay way too much tax here.

But when I buy a guitar from japan, I have to pay Japanese tax. How can I get this back? There really should be a way.

Thanks,

Kemono
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 03:08 AM

Re: Japanese Sales Tax

Dude your buying something from Japan what did you expect plus it's only like 6%......not to bad if you compare to the UK 17% VAT!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott 74
Dude your buying something from Japan what did you expect plus it's only like 6%......not to bad if you compare to the UK 17% VAT!
Bahhh 17 %, try 25 % in Denmark .

Regards

André

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 09:16 AM

Which shop are you buying a guitar from? The Japanese sales tax only applies to domestic sales and not exports. I'd check with the shop you're buying your guitar from because you shouldn't be charged taxes on an export.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 09:33 AM

I thought that tax only applies if you buy it in the country. Whenever I buy stuff internationally I don't get charged tax. Shipping and duty fee's are a b*tch though.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

It's Ikebe. They are charging me tax on the guitar, if I buy it. Communcation is troubled :/

There should be a web page about Japanese tax (in Japanese) that I ask them to visit that explains how to sell to foreigners and not charge tax, et c. Problem is that I can't really search and find it 'cause I don't speak Japanese well enough. Anyone here have a clue?

Japanese tax percent is not huge, but we're talking about a guitar, so tax amount is over $100. If someone here can save me from paying that, well, I'd be really grateful to that person.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 09:56 AM

I'll talk to the wife tonight to see if she can find a Japanese page for ya
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 02:18 PM

'Kemono'?
Where are you?

I thought Ikebe-Gakki didn't sell internationally.
It's great news if they do because they seem to have the best selection of Ibanez guitars i've seen, especially J-Customs and exclusive special models.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

I got some links.

Licensed tax accountant office
http://www.kikuchikaikei.com

direct link to duty-free info
http://www2.ttcn.ne.jp/~mkikuchi/yusyutumennzei.htm

When I got the total from my previous purchase at Ishibashi, it had a total but did not have a breakdown (like a normal invoice would), but I'm pretty sure they did not charge tax. I did ask my contact at Ishibashi, but got the usual I-misinterpreted-your-email irrelevant response.

Tags
ibanez guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode