JS-7 - why not??? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

JS-7 - why not???

I think Ibanez should create a & string model of joe satriani's signature guitar. All the seven strings are pretty plain if u ask me(aside from th UVs)with exception maybe to the orginal saber 7 string. I think a 7 string js model would be nice. But it would have to have a 24 fret neck. And no dot inlays like all his other guitars...tell me what you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 09:28 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
JS-7

Given the fact that Satch doesn't play a '7' I don't want to see a JS-7

That said i think there is room for a quality S-series 7 with Edge7 and fixed bridge options. I'm not sure that Ibanez agrees though... glen
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 09:29 PM

JS-7

I think that would be one awesome guitar! *I'd buy it.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 10:52 PM

JS-7

i'd be more likely to get a fixed bridge saber7 if it had good pickups... *
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

JS-7

ok...I agree with you glen that it would be pretty screwed up slap his name on it if he doesn't play it so scratch the js part. I just think that ibanez's 7s are pretty plain in looks and awesome in quality. That and we don't have enough fixed bridge guitars. So model one after his guitar but not another saber, ibanez screwed up in putting out the s7420(imo). It's just too blocky. But now that I'm *thinking *about wicked looking 7 strings it'd be even kooler to have an Iceman 7 string. That'd be sweet.not like the ic300 but fancy like the PS. I've always thaught the iceman was nicest looking of axes.....

(Edited by diablo at 10:09 pm on Mar. 6, 2001)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 12:27 AM

JS-7

However cool it might be, a JS-7 is out of the question for reasons already stated.

So how about a 7-string Radius with a LoPro Edge7? Or even better yet, a Double Edge7. It would nicely fill the gap in Ibanez's 7-string line-up created when the RG7620 and RG2027 were discontinued.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 02:04 AM

JS-7

I'm with with CMartin call it a radius 7-string instead of a js7 and that way Ibanez can knock about $300 or $400 off the price, but even more than that I would love to see a s7421 or a s7620. Man that would be sweet.

(Edited by Noodles at 1:08 am on Mar. 7, 2001)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 05:37 PM

JS-7

Quote:
Quote: from cmartin on 11:27 pm on Mar. 6, 2001

So how about a 7-string Radius with a LoPro Edge7?
Yes! Yes! YESS!!!

What a great idea.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 03:11 AM

JS-7

Didn't somebody around here already build one of those as a project guitar?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 08:30 PM

JS-7

Quote:
Quote: from jemsite on 8:28 pm on Mar. 6, 2001

That said i think there is room for a quality S-series 7 with Edge7 and fixed bridge options. I'm not sure that Ibanez agrees though... glen
I agree completely - I would have paid any price for an "S2027," or any J Custom S7. *But I agree with you that Ibanez doesn't agree with us!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 11:18 AM

JS-7

Ahem...

Yes, someone did build one!
I did. or better said, Harpers Guitars built the neck and body for me and Wilkins Guitars did the finish on it.

It is a JS profiled body with a mahogany back and a 4a quilt maple top.

The neck is a 'standard' 24 fret UV neck with abalone vine of life inlay.

The body finish is coral blue on the body and headstock.

Pics have been taken of it, but poor ones, so I haven't posted them. I can e-mail them to interested parties though.

I have to buy the pickups, locking nut, tuners, and she's ready to go! (It has a Lo Pro Edge).

I have had this project guitar for several months and it took close to a year to complete all of the above.

I have been quite busy working on music and upgrading to a qualified Pro-Tools studio so my attention has been elsewhere.

I have been meaning to post the pics as I had 'promised' this site I would, I guess I should snap to it now that people are mentioning that a JS-7th should be built..

well it almost is! *
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 03:22 AM

JS-7

Thought so...... and um welcome back I think =o) you been lurking around too?
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 09:46 AM

JS-7

Hi Brian!

Yeah, I've been lurking around Jemsite when I get some free time during the day to see what's up on the site. i have been steadily delving more into production than actual playing and collecting jems and such....

got a million bucks to spare

cheers!

Tags
abalone vine , dot inlay , dot inlays , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , fixed bridge guitars , fret neck , joe satriani , locking nut , pro edge , signature guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode