A JC fan in Japan :-) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
YJM

A JC fan in Japan :-)

I stumbled across this Japanese guy's JC page while performing my regular research on J-Custom guitars.

There's a closeup view of the Tree of Life inlay of a JCRG4GA. I think it's kinda cool. The flame top on that is a joke, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 05:16 AM

Most jcrg4s have bad flames but if you read the spec for the guitar they don't say it has a flamed top just a hard maple top.

Also It warms my heart to see another Rg-1880bbs, and to know that that finish really does hide the flame and is not just mine that does that.

One more thing cool find thanks so much for sharing.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 05:33 AM
Vendor

Actually it looks like it has a sweet broad flame top, washed out in all that glare, check the neck close up.

We only know of 2 driftwood RG4's, unless you know of alot more let's refrain from saying "most" so we don't give the model a bad name
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 07:16 AM

Holy gearnut!! I'm jealous, that guy's got way more than me. Japanese metal dudes are cool!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 09:10 AM

I was actually glad to see that the BBS color really does look kinda blue-green like mine, and not black-blue like the pic on Ibanez Japan's site did.

I agree with Rich, there's far too much glare in that JCRG4 photo to say what that top looks like. I can tell you that Iain's RG4 has a nice top though.

And for the record, the two 'driftwood' gutiars we saw were not JCRG4s, they wre JCRG5s. The RG5s were bolt-ons. the RG4 is a neck through. The RG9670 specs (new name for the RG4) list a flame maple top.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 10:06 AM
jd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuma
And for the record, the two 'driftwood' gutiars we saw were not JCRG4s, they wre JCRG5s. The RG5s were bolt-ons. the RG4 is a neck through.
Sorry, can't resist doing this! [shameless plug] For a reminder of what a sweet JCRG5VV with a real top looks like, check mine out at jerrye's site http://www.ibanezregister.com
(select Gallery, then find the JCRG5VV link under "J-Custom RG")

Jeez I love this guitar! Kinda like a Tom Anderson / JEM crossbreed! BTW, it has the same vine inlays as the RG4/RG9670.

Would be interesting to know what happened to the driftwood examples though. Don't expect they got sent back to Japan?!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 10:25 AM

They look like they're having fun...JCs and peroxide, what a combination.
Greg
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 10:29 PM

not a bad line up, except all of those guitars are missing a crucial element...a seventh string!!!!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 02:29 AM

There is a seven string there it is a jcrg7-1 vv. and the point that I was trying to make about the jcrg4s was really that ibanez does not claim that it has a flamed top. Not drift wood just hard maple. Nothing like the jcrg5s which as best as I can tell run the range of flames even though 3a was the spec.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
YJM

The guy actually shows more Ibanez guitars on another page. He says that the RG1880BBS is his fave because it sounds the best among his collection! He thinks the neck is a bit thick but it's just fine.

Well, I still think that RG4 top is a shocker (by no means a driftwood, I'd say it's just a bad flame and for the price it'd want to be better). Check out the top on the RG-770FM, hmm, I know which one I prefer.

The guy had looked at a JEM7V before, but he went for the RG4 anyway which he thought was heaps better.

-Bill
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 06:59 AM

Lucky boy!

He has the RG2120 Koa Top, now I'm jealous.

Steve
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 07:21 AM

He also has what looks to be a RG7620.

Tags
custom guitar , custom guitars , flame maple , ibanez guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode