JCRG Gear1 Questions - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

JCRG Gear1 Questions

Been trying to source a J Custom Gear1 for a while. Was wondering if any of you guys own one or have owned one in the past? I think it may possibly have been the most expensive J Custom to date and maybe the rarest? I know the design on the body was laser cut. Anyway it's a very exclusive guitar and very hard to come by.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 06:26 AM

Re: JCRG Gear1 Questions

hello

i have played that guitar and its amazing.it is almost the same as the rg metal.great tone great playability. i love it a lot.the first line of j-customs are in my opinion the best.
rg metal/gold/art/gear.i think they are the best ibanez guitars ever.there is a gold on eb*y now.these guitars are very rare 6 or 12 made of each models.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 06:34 AM

A Gear1? You eyein' the one Rich has?
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I'm basically looking to buy a 'biggie' next year sometime however there are 3 or 4 contenders with the Gear being one of them. What I was looking for really was some opinions on it and a ballpark figure. I didn't even know Rich had one in so thanks JS!

Brian you wouldn't happen to have an item number for that Gold that is on the bay by any chance? That may be worth a look for sure. I think the most accepted figure for the Golds is that there were 6 made of each however I've had some guys insist that there were only 3. I only know of 3 Gold 2's in existence but I'm sure there are 3 more somewhere. I already own a JCRG Gold 2 as I'm sure you probably know. Cheers!!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Came across that Gold 2 you were talking about Brian. That's interesting....... Not a bad price as well. I'm pretty sure that shop has or had a Gold 1 in as well but I can't see it in their other items.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 06:42 PM

no i was thinking the same...i have the rg metal and i want a gold too but i have so many guitars and play so less.that i cant buy another so expensive guitar.otherwise i had pull the trigger for the gold...i would trade my uvpwh in a hartbeat(mostly200 bpm i m so in love with the old j custom serie that i had bought another....(insane!i know)i hope you can buy the guitar you love or the other gold...that would be great! i cant this moment! then i must sell my 2 uv's jem bsb+dbk/swirl and others.....i cant have it all.....
please let me know what you doing or have found one!

those are the best ever....a good kept secret in the ibanez world...
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 11:19 PM

I had 5 J custom before. The best model I think is neck-thru J Custom, like RG9570 and RG21. That's really a dream guitar!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 05:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianxtr View Post
no i was thinking the same...i have the rg metal and i want a gold too but i have so many guitars and play so less.that i cant buy another so expensive guitar.otherwise i had pull the trigger for the gold...i would trade my uvpwh in a hartbeat(mostly200 bpm i m so in love with the old j custom serie that i had bought another....(insane!i know)i hope you can buy the guitar you love or the other gold...that would be great! i cant this moment! then i must sell my 2 uv's jem bsb+dbk/swirl and others.....i cant have it all.....
please let me know what you doing or have found one!

those are the best ever....a good kept secret in the ibanez world...
I'm in the same boat Brian, too many guitars mate! I have to sell if I'm gonna buy. I just bought a Caparison Horus last week as well. If I hadn't I could easily have picked up that Gold. I was only aware of the Gold yesterday... damn!! I gotta sell to buy at the minute as well. I'll keep you updated. I know where there is a JCRG Paint 4 going as well. Pretty cheap too. Guy who was selling it didn't really know what it was. I dropped him a line about it.

Supernightwish. Which 5 J customs did you own mate? Why did you part with them? I couldn't bring myself to sell one never mind 5.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 06:37 AM

a paint?cool...i have just bought a2570excp(what is the real name?)itisnt a j custom but cool too....its silver...looks cool next the metal it is made in goldlike too....its something next your gol
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

Is it Gold or Silver? I know there are 2 RG2570's out in Vital Gold and Vital Silver, maybe it's one of them?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3351/...74f3bea5_b.jpg

http://www.musicpower.com/mmMUSICPOW...RG2570EV-f.jpg
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 11:11 AM

yes! the silver one! but i have with a lo pro edge and silver headstock.it is not a j custom......thats for sure..
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Nice. Yeah that was the early 2570 with the silver headstock. They brought out the 2570 with the black headstock/prestige logo a year or so after I think.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 08:48 AM

I have one

Yes it's a great great instrument!!! I love it, and I think it's cool it has a different pickup combo than other J-Csutom.. The Super III and FRED sound GREAT!

It's a bit weird that it does not have the arm rest, but you get used to it...

I don't play it very often, but a great collector I won't let go soon
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 09:21 AM

Reviews: 25

Not to hikjack the thread, but I am able to get a J Custom RG Gold 1, Gold2, Metal, Paint 1, (which I already have) Paint 3 and a J Custom S540 Horizon...

Which one should I buy.... ? its so hard to decide
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
Not to hikjack the thread, but I am able to get a J Custom RG Gold 1, Gold2, Metal, Paint 1, (which I already have) Paint 3 and a J Custom S540 Horizon...

Which one should I buy.... ? its so hard to decide
All of them, lol!! I like the Metal a lot dude.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode