JCRG20136 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

JCRG20136

I Can get one of these for $3800 taxes in brand new.
Do thy have any known flaws with intonation I the trem not returning to pitch ? Or any issues at all?

I jut ordered a jem and am returning it because of a intonation issue an I dot want to go through it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 01:36 PM

Re: JCRG20136

Just order whatever you really want from Rich and forget about getting something that isn't perfect. If you want a Jem get a Jem.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

I got a used guitar pikes out with rich. But this is brand new and for me to buy from rich a brand new j custom like this would cost me an extra grad or more with customs fees.I understand he's the man for ibanez and guitar setup. And I'm definitely entertaining te idea of buyin from him but I'm shopping around and making sure I'm getting the right guitar. I bought a jem and got jipped out of that so the next guitar I order I want to keep.

So if someone can answer my questions it would be greatly appreciated .

Last edited by lorper; 05-12-2014 at 02:51 PM.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 08:00 PM

Reviews: 2

To best answer you question- no, AFAIK, there are no known issues with the 2013 JCRG's

That's doesn't mean you'll get a flawless guitar- you'll get a great guitar, but probably not flawless.

I know your avoiding the "Rich thing"- and I get why, but you keep asking for the BEST advice we can give........well, Rich IS the best advice there is. There's not another single way to get near perfection with an Ibanez without buying through Rich and taking advantage of his service. This is not the difference between a box guitar and a setup from your local shop. This is the difference between a factory box guitar and a flawless piece of artwork.

You WON'T find another person on the planet that can do what he does with an Ibanez. He has a globally known reputation for what he does. You can get the same make somewhere else and maybe save some money on taxes/duty's- but everybody that bought the same model from Rich will have a better guitar than you do....period.

So again, if you want the best and you already spending that kind of coin- at least email the guy to see what he can do for you................ it IS the only way to get the best.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Ok guys thanks a lot for the advice and I get it. I respect his work for sure. I've never played one of his guitars but for so many people saying the same thing abou his work one can only come to the conclusion that he knows what he is at. I'd love to buy but I have to watch te money part. And with friggin duty fees it literally means the difference of owning a prestige or a j custom. I think I'm gonna grab the custom and possibly send it to him to do his magic after I get some use out of it of course.

Ultimately I hate decisions. A part of me wants a j custom cause there so unique and rare and I have never seen one here.The other part wants to pay Half the price and grab a RG655 and get Richs hands on it . I'd probably still have the same quality of play in the guitar actually better.
So I guess I have to decide whether I want a pretty guitar that plays great or a lower end model that may not look as good but plays superior .........

Last edited by lorper; 05-12-2014 at 08:21 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 08:36 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorper View Post
Ok guys thanks a lot for the advice and I get it. I respect his work for sure. I've never played one of his guitars but for so many people saying the same thing abou his work one can only come to the conclusion that he knows what he is at. I'd love to buy but I have to watch te money part. And with friggin duty fees it literally means the difference of owning a prestige or a j custom. I think I'm gonna grab the custom and possibly send it to him to do his magic after I get some use out of it of course.

Ultimately I hate decisions. A part of me wants a j custom cause there so unique and rare and I have never seen one here.The other part wants to pay Half the price and grab a RG655 and get Richs hands on it . I'd probably still have the same quality of play in the guitar actually better.
So I guess I have to decide whether I want a pretty guitar that plays great or a lower end model that may not look as good but plays superior .........
This sounds sensible man and, like I said, I get it. Sending a big fat check to the government is a hard thing to do when you know they didn't do anything with your guitar to earn it.........

It is a tough decision. I would HIGHLY recommend emailing Rich and talking you situation over with him........ although I'm sure he's read both of your posts anyway..... You certainly can't lose anything by having a conversation. FWIW.... his service usually starts with the first E-mail.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Trust me I know. I'm surprised he hasn't told me I **** off yet with all the questions. I just wanna make sure I do this one time and one time only.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorper View Post

Uh, he wont do any sort of work on guitars that you dont buy from him iirc.

Tags
ibanez , j custom , prestige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode