Jeff Loomis Signature model pictures - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Jeff Loomis Signature model pictures

I'm kind of surprised this hasn't broken here yet, since it's the topic of the day over at www.sevenstring.org.

From www.drumcityguitarland.com

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/in...=14&BrandID=38

Schecter
1- 2007 MODELS !
JEFF LOOMIS/NEVERMORE Model
New
Set Neck
26.5" Scale
Ash body
Maple Board
Black 'metal cross' inlays
EMG 707s
Original Floyd Rose trem
Vampire Red Satin Finish
Priced less case
These will start shipping in late Jan.'07
List Price: $1,299.00
Sale Price: $899.00

COMING SOON!

I'm seriously inches from putting a deposit down for one of these. My C7 Blackjack is for the price the best seven I've ever played - I grabbed it for $400 used ($599 new) and I still can't get over that you can buy a seven that sounds and feels that good for so little. But, while it kicks arse for what it is, mahogany has never really been my thing. It records beautifully for rhythm parts and is a blast to play, sounds incredible (JB in mahogany = instant Tool, with the right amp settings), and is just FUN. But, at heart I'm a strat guy from way back.

So, this has been speculated about for years now, and we'd all kind of assumed that the Loomis signature model, when they released it, would be a Hellraiser with a Floyd. But lo and behold, the official specs break and it's an ash body with an Original Floyd and a maple (!!!) fretboard.

I've made no secret of the fact I'm a strat lover from way back, and that I'd give a kidney for an alder or ash bodied seven with a maple neck. And then not only do they release one for him, but it's even a color other than black.

I'm not 100% sure on the EMG's, as they're great "lead" pickups but I play with way too little gain to get a rhythm sound I'm happy with from them, but I'm seriously tempted to grab one of these and then after four months, sell whichever I'm playing less, my PWH or this.

Anyway, for the remainder of this thread we will oogle this absolutely awesome new seven string.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 06:52 PM

Re: Jeff Loomis Signature model pictures

I gotta say, that is pretty damn cool. Good price and specs too. A 7 with a Floyd and EMGs wasn't on my shopping list, but I might consider that when I get some cash. Love the fact that it has a maple neck and an ash body...
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 06:58 PM

Reviews: 6

I'd play one.
post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 06:58 PM

lol, beat me to it.

I was going to post this earlier actually but forgot. For me, its perfect. I havent owned a 7 before, but have played quite a few in the last 6 months to see if they are "for my tastes". And this will definitely be my first 7 string. I have already talked stuff through with Jason from DCGL about it. I just cannot wait.

After hanging around on www.sevenstring.org for the last 6 months, this is kinda the one I have been waiting for tbh. Its yet another fantastic move by Schecter. They appear to be steps ahead of other companies in terms of their "arsenal" of models. And the amazing prices their instruments can be got for. They have been one of the companies to beat for the last 3 or 4 years now, and seem to get better and better every year.

I am a big EMG fan too, of the 6 string versions at least. And as you say, with a maple fretboard and ash body, its kinda perfect.
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 07:06 PM

Except for the pick.ups that could be my perfect 7 string. I love the 26.5" scale, I always felt 25.5 just wasn't enough on a 7. I hope it'll be offered in some other colour besies red cuz I don't like red guitars but at this point if I have to go back to playing 7's it will definetly be on one of those.

I'm guessing these will still be made in Korea right?
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather View Post
After hanging around on www.sevenstring.org for the last 6 months, this is kinda the one I have been waiting for tbh. Its yet another fantastic move by Schecter. They appear to be steps ahead of other companies in terms of their "arsenal" of models. And the amazing prices their instruments can be got for. They have been one of the companies to beat for the last 3 or 4 years now, and seem to get better and better every year.
Completely. Like I said, I can't believe my Blackjack is as good as it is, for the price. It replaced a CST, for christ's sake, and I have no regrets. Sure, the CST is a J-Custom, but when one's $400 and the other's $2k+, the quality difference just doesn't support the price difference (though, to be fair, I suspect mine's exceptionally good, and not the norm).

For the Ibanez fanby contingent, while Schecter is unquestionably setting the pace of the seven string market these days, they've also started to force Ibanez to play ball again. There's a new S7 coming out this year, as well as two new J Custom 7's. Competition makes everyone happier.

But yeah... a seven string with a maple board and an ash body, and apparently an original, non-liscensed Floyd. Damn.

EDIT - ZeRo, I don't believe I've heard any official confirmation, but I believe it's MIK. No biggie, though, the price is reasonable for its orgin and specs, and Korean workmanship has improved leaps and bounds over the last couple years. I'm not a MASSIVE EMG fan too, but they do smoke for leads, and with their clarity and "snap" they'll probably sound awesome in ash - I posted a clip of my Hellraiser here and at sevenstring.org with a low gain amp setting that had everyone believing ti was my Strat, so anything's possible. I just don't like them for rhythm.
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 07:18 PM

wow, thats about 1000x better than the Hellraiser...look 2 knobs too!
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 07:36 PM

OH MY GOD!!! FINALLY! LOOMIS SIGNATURE! I LOVE NEVERMORE! THAT GUITAR IS SO KICKASS! WEEE! I WANT THAT!
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
only one
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
sadly not, 1 knob 1 switch isnt it?
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 07:39 PM

darn beaten to it by about 10 secs!!
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 07:44 PM

Who'd a known Loomis was a maple boy.

I dig it, that thing owns (as is appropriate).

\00/
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

He didn't like the three knob arrangement.

Honestly, the lack of a tone knob is about the only thing I don't like about this guitar. I'd prefer passives, but for soloing can live with the EMG's. But the tone knob...? Eh, I can physically make do without it, but I'd much rather there was one. It's not even like I use it a ton, I just like the option.
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonataGuitarist View Post
Who'd a known Loomis was a maple boy.

I dig it, that thing owns (as is appropriate).

\00/
He has a maple boarded warmoth soloist. It actually looks very similar to that schecter.
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Thep View Post
He has a maple boarded warmoth soloist. It actually looks very similar to that schecter.

You mean this one?

Tags
amp settings , custom shop , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , ibanez guitars , jackson guitars , jeff loomis , korean guitar , local music store , loomis signature model , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , mij guitars , music store , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode