jem 10 exchange for a prs - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

jem 10 exchange for a prs

hi I am currently selling a jem 10 no.59!its in grat condition xcept for pickup wear!it has n cert and a latch is missing from the case!i was offered a mint 2000 prs custom 22 with 10 top + cash for it!!how much cash should i ask for!!any input would be greatly appreciated!!thanks very much!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: jem 10 exchange for a prs

Do you WANT a PRS? If not then see how much JEM10s are going for, see how much the PRS would net you, make up the difference in cash, and then add 20% to cover the hassle of offloading the PRS.

Also pay particular attention to what colours seem to be worth more on the PRS, a few years ago tortoiseshell was "the" colour to have, these days no-one seems to want it! That sort of thing.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 02:54 PM

The Jem could be worth about 4 grand or more, and the PRS likely as not won't fetch 2 grand. I think if you've decided you don't want the Jem10 anymore you should simply sell it outright and get something you do like.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 02:44 AM

DUDE, keep the Jem. PRS are inferior production models now. You'd have to get some sort of high-end, custom PRS if it were to be anything like a fair trade. And be sure to play the other one first....
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt Thrower
PRS are inferior production models now.
LOL and Ibanez guitars aren't? The Jem10 doesn't really have much else to speak for it than it's collector's value. But that value is significantly higher than the PRS', indeed.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 07:48 AM

Wink Re: jem 10 exchange for a prs

keep your jem 10th bro don't be stupid- screw the prs! -YOU'LL BE SORRY-lol!
Cheers- Jake
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt Thrower
DUDE, keep the Jem. PRS are inferior production models now. You'd have to get some sort of high-end, custom PRS if it were to be anything like a fair trade. And be sure to play the other one first....
Yea OK buddy. Sounds like someone who can't afford one and instead makes himself feel better by considering them "inferior production models". Im not going to start an argument but your just plain wrong. Sorry.

I have no problem with someone not liking PRS as personal preference, thats cool. Just like I don't really like Les Pauls. But do I go around saying that Les Pauls are inferior and that my RG220 kicks its ass anyday?? No. Try to be a little humble will ya? Theres a reason PRS's are so popular. Its not just that there are thousands of morons who fall to the hype. They are truly excellent guitars. LIKE IT OR NOT.

P.S- We can talk about market values for collectability, or we can talk about playing a great guitar thats fits who you are. Forget the $$ signs and find yourself which guitar tickles YOU the right way. Then follow suit with whats a proper trade.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 10:46 PM

meh prs has their good and bad points, but chris is right
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 11:08 PM

Reviews: 1

If the price difference is so much then what chris says makes no sense and is foolish. Because he discards the value of money and to me that just sounds like b-crap(maybe he's a rich boy or lives in wonderland) Use your money cleverly and forget about nonsense poetry: " Forget the $$ singns and find yourself...whatever ...Then follow suit with whats a proper trade."
I rather sell the jem 10, then get a really good guitar that like he says tickles you!!!.If I want something to tickle me I'll have it custom made. With 4.000 $ that wouldnt be a problem would it?. Maybe then save some money for other things not trade in this particular condition, thats stupid, because you're on disadvantage. (because of the price difference). Why trade if u can get it new or made to your specs.

Maybe add some effects, buy some actions, I dunno, something smart.

Last edited by einarabelc5; 02-01-2006 at 11:16 PM.

Tags
ibanez guitars , les paul , les pauls , production model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

Arrived at outward office of exchange where is the parcel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode