jem copy - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Question jem copy

having seen loads of these throwaway fakes on **** i decided to get one for a cheap as chips price, mainly so i could experiment with my lutherian skills without ruining a nice guitar! one problem ive found is that the notes vary on the neck, for example if playing an A chord 12 frets higher.
b 14
g 14
d 14
a 0

you can tell that the higher notes are flater than they should be, now im thinking that this would be the neck length, but however it does do a perfect natural harmonic over 12 in the normal fashion, anything else it could be cheers all.
:-)

ps its called a woodycustom, which seem to appear everywhere

Last edited by projectjem; 03-29-2006 at 05:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 06:44 PM

Re: jem copy

You need to adjust the intonation:

http://www.jemsite.com/tech/1setup.htm#step6
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Re: jem copy

cheers for the help dude, i'll put this on my list of priorities
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 06:30 PM

Re: jem copy

Of course the frets may also not be quite where they should be..... if that's the case, you can actually buy pre-slotted and pre-radiused fingerboards from, er, somewhere I found on the internet..... if I can find the link I'll post it here - the other possible issue, which would throw the intonation totally would be the nut being in the wrong location - also solvable.

Good luck with the geetar - maybe you should post a review of it in the reviews section of Jemsite - these knockoffs seem to attract a lot of attention, but you seem to be the first person to get their hands on one.

Cheers

David

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode