JEM + Sabre - Who's got/had at least one of each? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2001, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

JEM + Sabre - Who's got/had at least one of each?

Ok, this might seem a little silly but I have noticed a trend. It seems that a lot of JEM owners on here either also have a Sabre or did at some time in the past. Is it my imagination or is this true?

I personally own a S450 and a JEM7DBK (also a 555 but I aint countin' that.)

Who else? Which models? Why do you think it may be this way? Is there some kind of phsychology involved? A certain mindset if you will?

LJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2001, 05:04 PM

JEM + Sabre

I've got 3 Jems, PBK, DY, and VWH. I also have a 540FM. It's my second 540FM. I seem to like those because of the mahogany body and maple top...
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2001, 04:14 AM

JEM + Sabre

Hey man, I've got 3 Jems, a DY, FP, and a VWH, plus 2 UV's, the UV777BK and a UV7BK. *I also have a Sabre, which model? *I don't even really know. *Maybe someone here can help me.
Here's the deal, bought it new, it was originally metallic burgandy, H S S configuration, all IBZUSA pickups. *Has 3 switches, two, two position and one three position. *The weirdest part is the neck. *It is the thinnest neck I've ever seen. *Way thinner than the Wizard that is on Ibanez guitars today. *One of the Ibanez reps from Efkay told me that when Ibanez first introduced the Sabre, they built about fifty with this massively thin neck. *But, they had all kinds of warranty problems with necks twisting in the first shippment to music stores so they bailed on that neck and made the wizard a little thicker. *Mine never got sent back from the music store and it has never twisted. *It has a rosewood fretboard with jumbo frets, the edge trem and a mahogany body. *
It is an ultra cool guitar, I just don't really know what it is. *Incidently, I've seen others that are identical to it, but with a thicker neck than what I've got.
Anyone got any ideas?
Jeremy
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2001, 06:33 PM

JEM + Sabre

Germany, eh? That's cool.

To answer your question, Patrick: I have two Sabers (540 and 1520) and one Universe -- among others. I really dig the Saber body shape and I love the playability. Did you ever play a Radius/JS? It's even cooler
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2001, 10:19 PM

JEM + Sabre

I have a PMC, a DBK and recently aquired an S1520-FB Prestige.

Of the three, the PMC takes the most effort to play. It has a rich powerful tone and goes with whatever I'm wearing... The Prestige plays sweet. It has a wonderful neck for my playing style, is light weight yet has a beautiful brown tone to it due to the center joined mahogony body. I still need to get used to the absence of fret dots......The DBK is what I pick up to play and is by far the best guitar I have ever owned. Plays like a wet dream. The semi-unfinished body seems to allow the wood to resonate more and thus gives it a clear, shimmering tone that, when played clean, is very acoustic-like. The Breed pups give it enough power for all the metal I play and give me the ability to grab a ballad or two..

J>
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 03:24 AM

JEM + Sabre

uhm..., shouldn't it be 'Sabre' instead of 'Saber'? gee....
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 04:07 PM

Re: JEM + Sabre

[*It is the thinnest neck *Incidently, I've seen others that are identical to it, but with a thicker neck than what I've got.
Anyone got any ideas?
Jeremy[/quote]

I had one alot like you described. It was an aqua greenish color with HM/S/S and seperate toggle switched for each pickup. That guitars neck was rediculously thin.
Best damn guitar I have ever played. Im in the market for another one.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 10:50 PM

it always amazes me when threads this old get found! LOL
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 03:03 AM

I sold off most of my jems and uv's,still have 1 7vwh.I currently have 3 540's.At one time or another I have owned 8 others(in the last 3yrs.)Most of them have been quilt tops.Nice guitars,but I'm currently into 3120's(3 of them,along with a tx-prestige).And satriani's.And 770's.And 520's.And-well you get the picture!If its got a pointy headstock and a lo-pro,I'm dogmeat!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 03:02 PM

Let me know if you want to sell any of those 540s. What years are they?
Would you be interested in a Lawsuit SG?
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 11:04 PM

Not into sg's.I may sell a 540 or 2 soon.You are welcome to email me [email protected] .
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 08:37 AM

I just got my first Sabre (Prestige 1520) to add to my 2 JEM 10s, JEM90, JEM77BFP, JEM777DY, UV777BK, and UV77MC. I can't get enough of these guitars! I keep trying Strats etc in the hope of finding a really nice one but so far nothing can touch the quality of my Ibanez family. I have to start selling off a few though- my wife wants her spare room back and I want a DNA!
Ross
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 08:14 AM

Yep. Got a BSB and an s540, got the 540 first years ago, my introduction to ibanez

Tags
body shape , edge trem , ibanez guitars , jumbo frets , mahogany body , mahogony body , music store , pointy headstock , rosewood fretboard , toggle switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

is js100 sabre

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode