jester's periodic Radius report ;-) - just got another - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

jester's periodic Radius report ;-) - just got another

I just got this one off eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=850945149

It came today. *...umm... I'm confused.

Serial is F148379, so it's a 91. *But the body has the same thicker horns & shallower cutaway as my 87 red burst (versus my solid jewel blue 8. * I assumed they changed the shape in 88 when they went to a 5 way switch, but now I wonder if the burst models had a different shape than the standard colors. *Or if guitars marketed in different countries had different shapes.

It IS nice & light (condition is okay; some dings & wear). *Has a Lo-Pro on it, but in fair-poor condition (one saddle is a cosmo black, and one chrome that was PAINTED black!). *I gotta stop doing this eBay thing... ;-)

I'll be selling it after I clean it up a bit, I think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 08:06 PM

jester's periodic Radius report ;-)

Does the neck say "custom made" in the pic?? I'm wondering if you have a js body with a S custom neck? *I know the guy said his guitarist bought it new but if his guitarist knew a guy in a music store, it could ahve been put togther with new spare parts. *I don't know if this helps or not?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

jester's periodic Radius report ;-)

Yes, it says custom made. *But it's 42mm at the nut and feels like an ultra profile. *And Oli's also has the "custom made" insert, and his is a 540R. *Mine also has the larger dot markers like his - my 88 has smaller ones. *I think there was some wonky stuff with the trem, but mostly it's stock. *I think my assumption that the body change was a model revision from 87 to 88 was mistaken. *Now I think that it's just on those bursts. *I suspect the different shape is easier to put a burst on, or it comes out better. *I'm kinda bummed about that, because I love that burst and now I figure any that I get will have shalow cuts and that just won't do! *So, I await my custom job from Brian...

Tags
music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode