John Petrucci's 3rd LACS 7-string!? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By total guitar nerd
  • 1 Post By Rich

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

John Petrucci's 3rd LACS 7-string!?

Does anyone know the story of the LACS JP7 shown in the Ibanez Rules gallery - the one which has the Picasso graphic in a unique color scheme (pink/yellow/dark green/light brown) (Sorry, I'm not able to post links yet!).

It was always well known to anyone following John Petrucci that the Ibanez 7-strings he owned/used were:

The black/orange swirled JP7 prototype based on a Universe (used to record the 7-string songs on Awake)

The UV7 BK (w/ Green PUs, knobs, dots) (seen in the "Lie" music video)

The 2 LACS 7-strings JPs, the one white one with black-on-white Picasso graphic which was his main stage 7-string while with Ibanez, and the dark blueburst one which was mostly used as a backup and in the studio but was also seen on the Ibanez 7th Heaven video and has been used on stage also.

This 3rd LACS JP7 (the one with the pink/yellow/dark green/light brown Piccaso) I have NEVER EVER seen being used by John, nor have I ever read/head talk of it anywhere whatsoever. I've only seen it here in these pictures.

Was this a later LACS that John never received before he left Ibanez? Or why the hell was such a nice guitar built without him ever using it?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!! I haven't slept for several months since I discovered this picture!
froctavio likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Re: John Petrucci's 3rd LACS 7-string!?

Sorry, maybe this thread belongs in a different place?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Vendor

It was John's, he sold it when he sold off all his Ibz's after he left for EB. I took it in on trade from the one that bought it from John.
froctavio likes this.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply, Rich!

But still, why was it never used??

Like I said, I have never seen any pictures/footage of John using this guitar (or any pictures/footage of the guitar at all for that matter) - and believe me, I have seen a lot pictures of John's guitars over the years - which is why I was very surprised to see this one.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Vendor

You would have to ask John.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

You're probably right - just figured someone in here might know something about the guitar :-)

Tags
7-string , jpm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode