JPM P1 Reviews - Can anyone who has this guitar give a revie - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
JPM P1 Reviews - Can anyone who has this guitar give a revie

Hi, I think the JPM P1 is the most beautiful guitar Ibanez made (other than the RG-Art).
Since i wont be able to play one, i was wondering what they were like, sound wise of course, but I am mostly interested in playability. And if you guys who have them have sites w/pics, id like to see that too. thanks dudes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 11:22 PM

JPM P1 Reviews

I've got pics at www.jpmsite.com of my P1. *As far as the playability goes, of course that's going to be a very personal thing. *I prefer the knob, switch layout of the JPM like JP's and Rob Balducci's guitars - it's just exactly what I like and how I rest my hand so it's a perfect fit for me. *The neck is a bit rounder than a Wizard so you don't have that *flat* feeling, but it's still not a big neck and I think very Ibanezish in feel.

The pickups are great for what I do. *If you'd heard JP, then you know pretty much what they sound like. *Nice and scooped in the middle, round tones in the neck pickup and crunchy in the bridge. *More than this you'll probably just have to experience for yourself when you get a chance to play any one of the JPM series.

Good luck!
Paul
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 01:39 PM

JPM P1 Reviews

I have a P1 and I have to say the playability is good but nothing to rave about. *I prefer mohagany bodies and I can definitely tell a lack of low end and sustain between my P1 and RG2020X. *The guitar looks absolutely stunning, it turns heads everywhere it goes. *The pickups are great sounding, the knob/switch layout is a great idea and is quite useful. *The only thing that I really dont like about the guitar is the finish on the back of the neck, it feels very cheap (almost identical to the RG 400 series and lower wizard II necks) also maybe the frets, I am not sure what it is about the JPM's but it seems to take more pressure to get legato runs to sound than my other guitars (takes a little more effort to play satriani type legato runs/slides). *Overall it is still a great guitar, over time I have got used to applying more pressure while playing the JPM so it doesnt really seem that bad at all. *I have some pics of the guitar, they are very high-res (1600x1200), you can email me if want them. *
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 01:21 AM

Reviews: 5
JPM P1 Reviews

*extremely basic review*

It plays just like a RG. *H - H kinda limits your playing, but if you're just playing DT, not a problem. *Ugly paint job.

Tags
beautiful guitar , neck pickup , rob balducci

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode