JPM P3 - Another good deal... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

JPM P3 - Another good deal...

I'll give u a quick picture....

In the last month and a half I have bought 3 guitars. They have all been good deals:

JS90HAM...................$1500 + shipping
Brian Moore C-55..........$750 (dead mint. list $2399)
Jem10.......................$1750

I bought them cause I considered I could afford them(even though the latter 2 were on a bank loan)

The thing is Im buying an apartment and I will be facing quite a few expenses soon (furniture, etc) although a have a few clean credit cards in case.

Also, this month Im getting a bonus of $600 aprox...
So whats the point of this? I have said to myself and here that I wouldnt be buying any more in the near future, but......

Im being offered a JPM P4 mint in HSC for $825
If I was to ask someone "normal" the advise would be "dont be silly! Another guitar, now!!!
So Im asking u guys

Too good a deal to miss?

Julio

Just need a bit of encouragement :biggrin:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 08:18 AM

JPM P3

Do you already have an Ibanez JPM? *If you do, skip it. *If not, then consider it. *You're lucky that you can buy all of those guitars without a wife or girlfriend getting on your case about it, so you might as well "get while the gettin's good".
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 10:13 AM

JPM P3

I'll be the sensible one because I've been there and have learned a lesson or two. You already have 3 awesome guitars and you are forseeing a major purchase, an apartment, and with that comes other and unexpected costs. I would hold off on number 4 only because you don't want to buy it because it's a great deal and then down the road be put in a position to sell one of your four axes...which one would you choose.

The right deal will come along when the time is right. Just my $.02.

Good luck with your move.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 10:39 AM

JPM P3

I second Chromeboy on this one... good deals always seem to come around again if you're patient enough. When I moved into my first apartment, I budgeted for furniture, but ended up spending about twice as much as I originally budgeted. Same thing happened when I moved into my house, but I probably spent 3 times as much as I budgeted. The moral of the story... probably better to have the available cash/credit for moving-related things now. Guitars always come around.

--B
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

JPM P3

mmmm......

Didnt expect this..

-No, I dont have any JPM's
-It would be #5 (The other one is a Jem7VWH, which because its similarity to the 10th, could be the first to go. Or the Brian Moore... )

Thanks for the advise
But......where are those dominated by GAS? Show yer faces ya swines!

Julio
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 03:48 PM

JPM P3

Damn you!!! 3 guitars in last month and a half!
I hate being poor student. For me it's like 1 guitar year! Well. Last year I was fortunate to get 2 guitars. But still...

OoDee
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

JPM P3

oodee...

Ive worked very hard the last 7 years. And during that period all I got was an RG570, which I had to sell to buy a second hand Jem7vwh.Thats it!( I was kinda married you see ) Well and a Baby Taylor, but that doesnt count.

My time is now :biggrin:

Julio

ps- What about you JPM owners? Isnt anyone gonna tell me how good a guitar it is?
And where on earth is the post of someone(cant remember who) that came across one in a pawn shop very recently at a great price? Was it Jay? Gabe?
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 05:27 PM
Vendor

JPM P3

Quote:
Quote: from julio on 2:52 pm on July 22, 2001

Thanks for the advise
But......where are those dominated by GAS? Show yer faces ya swines!

Julio
Ehhh, what's a little more debt!! GO FOR IT!!

(you asked for it)
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 05:34 PM

JPM P3

I recently picked up a P3 in excellent shape in a pawn shop...great guitar. *I was surprised that I liked the narrower fretboard this much, and the basswood is refreshing after owning mostly mahogany guitars. *Nevertheless, I'll probably be putting it up for sale.

The price on the P4 sounds very good...if you get it you can most likely at leas get your money out, if not make a few bucks.
Greg
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

JPM P3

Hey Rich, thats so sweet...

I better take your advise, cause, I mean, you are "The Keeper of all G.A.S-Ibanez- Knowledge" :biggrin:

gkelm- Im talking about a P3 as well Sorry, I mixed up my first post i dont really like the P4 that much

Julio
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 05:58 PM
Vendor

JPM P3

Think twice, you're talking about a guy that's carryin $50k in debt on guitars! :biggrin:
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

JPM P3

Sorry Rich but my mum wont let me hang out with you any more *:biggrin:
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 07:01 PM

JPM P3

Quote:
Posted by julio:
ps- What about you JPM owners? Isnt anyone gonna tell me how good a guitar it is?
I'm an owner of a P3!!! :biggrin: Let me tell you:
This guitar is a piece of art that I will never give away!!!
Things I love about this guitar:

The frets: I love the big frets!!!

Pickups:

Steve's Special:
Very nice!!! Can't compare it to Evo or ToneZone. I guess it's more harsh or something. I'm not a gear head so it's kind a hard to exlpain these things.

Air Norton:
Now this the neck pickup for me! Very smooth and warm yet still very clear!!! I love it!!!

Neck:
This on one feels very nice! The thing I don't like about wizard necks and Jem necks is that they are flat. The JPM neck is round. No flat areas. And that's how I like it. Although the*Jem and Wizard necks aren't an issue for me. I can play with them too.

Graphics:
I think the picasso graphics look really cool!

Things I don't like about it:

Well. The only thing I would change is the pickup configuration. I would put there a single coil in the middle. But it's no big deal for me really.

OoDee

(Edited by oodee at 7:35 pm on July 22, 2001)

(Edited by oodee at 10:44 pm on July 22, 2001)
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 09:30 PM

JPM P3

Never pass up a great deal...you will kick yourself later! Like Rich said, you can always sell it if you need to. You will always remember the one that got away.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

JPM P3

Gee....

Thats more like it :biggrin:

I dont care much for the single coil so.....as big al says..if I pass, Ill always regret it

Julio

Tags
air norton , air norton neck , brian moore , ebmm jpm , ibanez jpm , jem neck , jpm neck , jumbo frets , mahogany guitars , neck pickup , norton neck , paf pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode