Just bought my first 7! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2002, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Just bought my first 7!

I've been hunting for a deal on one of these for a while, and now i can't wait to start dabbling around with it!

Check it out! (this is a pic provided by the seller)

Eventually, i may consider swapping out the pickups, probably for a Duncan '59 in the neck and a JB in the bridge, but i didn't find the stock ones to be too shabby when i noodled on one a few months ago... i'll have to see how they fit into my rig.

Just a couple of questions:

Does anybody make piezo saddles for a 7-string Tune-O-Matic bridge? I'd love to have this guitar be the dark, sinister sibling of my Parker.

Have any of you guys seen cream or white 7-string humbucker bezels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2002, 10:05 PM

Re: Just bought my first 7!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
Does anybody make piezo saddles for a 7-string Tune-O-Matic bridge?
I'm pretty sure this is a yes.

Quote:
I think this is also a yes.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2002, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Details?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2002, 11:28 PM

check out jeanies pickguards, they can probably help you out with the bezels.. I'm sure I've seen the piezo stuff you are asking about... if you can't find them, let me know, I'll hunt them down for you.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2002, 11:58 PM

awesome guitar dude, one of those graces my collection as well.
http://jemsiteforum.com/sharefiles/i...bscguitars.jpg
yes, those are CLEAN socks.

i've found the action to be a bit funky on mine, but its no big deal. also, this guitar is rather loud when its unplugged, so i bet a piezo would be awesome!

i know there are piezo tunomatics for six strings available, so there's a good chance somebody out there has them for 7 string.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 12:47 AM

found this a while ago, from graphtech's FAQ section:

Q Hi Dave. Do you make a 7 string piezo pickup, know anyone who does or know how I might make one? Thanks so much.
A Yes we do. We have a FAAS system for Stratocaster style guitars PN-8000-07 and can also supply a tune-o-matic version 7 string. The model would depend on the bridge manufacturer

http://www.graphtech.bc.ca/default.asp
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 04:38 AM

Re: Just bought my first 7!

Quote:
If you talking about the bobbin color Dimarzio has the Tone Zone 7, PAF 7 and Norton 7 available in black,creme and zebra (black and creme).

As far as pickup rings go I haven't seen any in cream yet.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 02:53 PM

Duncan will make the pickups and bezels for you. Just ask'em.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 02:37 PM

im not much when it comes to add ons etc but ibanez make a replacement Lo-Pro Edge with peizos i think u can see it from their web site. Also the japanise site has a long list of misc stuff u can put on guitars encluding peiezos, trems, mid boosts AND they have replacement Universe pickguards. I think they only do mirror but if they don't, Searching around the internet usurally finds some companies
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chud
im not much when it comes to add ons etc but ibanez make a replacement Lo-Pro Edge with peizos i think u can see it from their web site. Also the japanise site has a long list of misc stuff u can put on guitars encluding peiezos, trems, mid boosts AND they have replacement Universe pickguards. I think they only do mirror but if they don't, Searching around the internet usurally finds some companies
Welcome to Jemsite!

The Double Edge trems are not available as replacement parts. I've never seen replacement parts available on the Japanese site, either, especially not trems. You have to order them through your dealer.

Doesn't really matter, because the Dean EVO uses a tune-o-matic style bridge.

Tags
darren wilson , dean evo , double edge trem , edge trem , edge trems , matic bridge , pickup ring , pickup rings , piezo pickup , pro edge , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode