Just bought two Rg`s bargain prices - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 6
Just bought two Rg`s bargain prices

Hey all, quick update on my gear, recently sold my js1000 and my Peavey HP Special and just bought 2 RG`s on THAT site.

First is a met silver RG570 MIJ, paid 245 + delivery, which i thought was a good price

Second is a Met Purple RG1570 which i think is also Japanese made, paid 320, will have them both by wednesday so will know more then.

Having been through harmony-central bla bla im already considering a pup upgrade on one of them to a set of either evo`s or breeds.

Also recently just picked up a Peavey ValveKing 2/12, awesome sound from the 6L6`s, great amp especially for gigging, and last week bought a Boss GT-8, still getting my head round it but again, awesome piece of kit.

I welcome any comments from owners of these RG guitars with tips n tricks on upgrades etc.

I currently play rythm in a Guns & Roses tribute band here in the UK and use a top end Epiphone Les Paul which is a great axe, obviously tuned down half a step, and we also do other covers within the set in E (AC/DC, EVH, Billy Idol) so bought these 2 RG`s, one as a main, other as a backup.

I welcome your comments on the Rg`s

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 07:39 PM

Re: Just bought two Rg`s bargain prices

Congratz X2!!! Nice guitars mate, both are Jap made, you're right. You pick that 1570 up on the bay by any chance? It was 350 or 'Best Offer', guy from N.Ireland selling it? I was looking at that myself today. Wasn't going to buy but was thinking that was a great deal. On the 570, I think I was looking at that as well. Guy had it up as a year 2000 1550 which was wrong as the 1550 didn't come out until 2003. He changed his ad then to a 570. I couldn't make it out clearly from the pics but the guitar looked to have a scratchplate on it? Two awesome guitars. Best to wait and see what you make of the pups first before thinking of changing. Both guitars should have the V7, S1 and V8 pickups in them.

Last edited by IbanezDaemon; 10-05-2009 at 05:01 AM.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 01:50 AM

Reviews: 1

congrats man... you should post some pics...
the 570 has an edge o lo-pro?
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 12:05 PM

Wink Re: Just bought two Rg`s bargain prices

it was a rg550dx and you out bid me by a fiver you sod!!
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Hehe, sorry, thanks guys, IBANEZDAEMON yeah your right on both counts, and i think both guitars have the original EDGE trems, so two little beauties there.

Will get some pics up this week, the 570 is coming tomorrow, the 1570 comes on Thursday.

Only a few more sleeps.......woohoo

Did anyone notice the JEM 7VWH that was listed last night at 900 buy it now??? ITS GONE....surprise surprise, ive been looking for one for weeks and about 20 minutes after i bought the 2 RG`s the JEM was listed, i couldnt believe my eyes....thats must have been the cheapest jem7 on the planet......oh well.!

Last edited by Aeolian555; 10-05-2009 at 01:06 PM.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 01:57 PM

Ha! Ha! Yeah. Saw that Jem for sure, signed by Satch right? Good deal at that money. Still not the cheapest I've seen go. The last Jem7 BSB that was up went for 660 I think. I think that one that went last night was the cheapest 7VWH model I've seen though.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Banned

yep c'mmon lets see some pics of these babys.bargains indeed,well worth what ya paid for em.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolian555 View Post
Hey all, quick update on my gear, recently sold my js1000 and my Peavey HP Special and just bought 2 RG`s on THAT site.

First is a met silver RG570 MIJ, paid 245 + delivery, which i thought was a good price

Second is a Met Purple RG1570 which i think is also Japanese made, paid 320, will have them both by wednesday so will know more then.

Having been through harmony-central bla bla im already considering a pup upgrade on one of them to a set of either evo`s or breeds.

Also recently just picked up a Peavey ValveKing 2/12, awesome sound from the 6L6`s, great amp especially for gigging, and last week bought a Boss GT-8, still getting my head round it but again, awesome piece of kit.

I welcome any comments from owners of these RG guitars with tips n tricks on upgrades etc.

I currently play rythm in a Guns & Roses tribute band here in the UK and use a top end Epiphone Les Paul which is a great axe, obviously tuned down half a step, and we also do other covers within the set in E (AC/DC, EVH, Billy Idol) so bought these 2 RG`s, one as a main, other as a backup.

I welcome your comments on the Rg`s

Cheers
i swapped a hp special for a rg2550z (bad move) could this be you who swapped me ???.cant remember exactly where the guy lived but it was down south.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

lol, nah wasnt me, mine was sent to Madrid. And Daemon, i remember that bsb, bout 3 weeks ago, was gonna bid it up to 750 and missed it (fcuking Eastenders), (as you do with the bargains).
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Hey all, the rg570 just arrived, took me 20 mins to get into the case, im such a dipschitt, its got 2 normal clasps on it and 2 locks, well i didnt realise i had to push the locks sideways to open it. derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.!!!!

Anyways, alls good, straight as a die, the trem is as soft as snakeskin, level frets, cant wait to get it home and have a burn, will upload photos later tonight just after my fingers start to bleed......
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 10:56 AM

I think I had my eye on both of those... good work.
Jim
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Well got it home, tried it out, its ok, plays well, mega low action, as close as ive ever seen, its a natural shredder but the trem posts are foobarr`d, dive stays flat, pull up stays sharp, might not be the posts, could be the trem base, stripping it down now to have a look.

Right, removed the trem, very slight flats on the trem base, smoothed them away, trem posts were VERY loose, locking grubs not even wound down, replaced trem, set height, locked off the grubs in the posts, retuned, still doing it.

Are the posts foobar? or tremolo springs too weak? as the claw plate is wound NEARLY right in, not a lot of movement for raising pitch, but just enough. Its deffo been tampered with by an amateur, and im no expert either but know the basics.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Aeolian555; 10-06-2009 at 03:20 PM.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Sorted, after a bit more research. On my JS1000 i had an edge lo-pro which had to sit flush with the top of the body. On the RG570 it has the original ibanez edge which has to sit up so the string clamp pegs are level with body.

So trem posts now locked down, pivot blades re-filed, re-assembled, tuned, perfect, returns back to zero every time, still needs new strings though. Will get some pics up or a youtube vid tomorrow.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 06:28 PM

Glad to hear you got it sorted mate. Looking forward to the pics.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Tags
rg570 rg1570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode