Just got my 2027... (w/. pics and sound clips!!!) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Just got my 2027... (w/. pics and sound clips!!!)

..and man, this has gotta be the most gorgeous guitar i've ever played. the vintage violin over mahoghany is just SOO rich, the grain comes alive in the light. the neck feels amazing; whatever the prestige guys do is totally worth it. the frets appear to be much more even than my 7620 (who'se fretwork ain't half bad either ) and feel like they're maybe slightly smaller- i'll have to A/B them to confirm this (got the guitar first thing this morning a half-hour before i left for work, so not much time for the details yet). The peizo tone is pretty good- not exactly like a good acoustic, but exactly like a decent acoustic electric's peizo output- i can live with this. Ind i was having a ball this morning hooking the mnagnetic output up to my mesa and the acoutic to my dad's fender, and flicking the switch back and forth.

I can't wait till i get home and get to keep playing the thing. I can get pictures if anyone wants any...

A very excited Drew

-Drew

EDIT- ok, by request...

http://www.geocities.com/Marxist49/2027.jpg -front shot
http://www.geocities.com/Marxist49/2027_sun.jpg -outdoors, for full, idunno, "glow" of the wood.
http://www.geocities.com/Marxist49/2027_side.jpg -kinda a "player's position" shot. pretty cool.
http://www.geocities.com/Marxist49/family.jpg -the collection; a bit small compared to some of the ones out there, but come on, i'm on a college budget. '97 american standard strat with some heavy mods, and '99 RG-7620 and RG-2027.

The couch isn't rich's, but whatever.

And, just for kicks-

http://www.geocities.com/Marxist49/peizomp3.mp3 -a 40 second sound clip of a fingerstyle riff played twice- first straight into my computer, and then through my j-station, in a bass model with some heavy eq work and the speaker sim bypassed. Plugged into my dad's stereo, this patch sounded disturbingly real,

Now, this is one of those geocities free accounts, so i'm gonna go WAY over my bandwidth allocation here- if one of youys wants to download these and host them elsewhere, that'd be cool. I can e-mail as well. Drop me a line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 04:15 PM

Sounds great, Drew...congrats! Post the pics!
Greg
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 08:59 PM

Hey drew, is it that the same 2027 that I referred to you? Regardless, send me a pic or two. Glad to hear you are enjoying it, I really love the way the stains (both the TLB and the VV) look over straight mohogany.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 10:36 PM

I told you so...

Welcome to the 2027 club!!!! Simply amazing guitars.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Yes it is, Soloist... Big shoutout your way, and a huge thanks to Josh. I'm in love with this thing.

Gresh- thanks dude. That mahogany just comes alive when the light hits it. This is the most attractive gutiar i've ever played, much less owned.

-Drew

(pics coming when i get home)
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 08:06 PM

****! I totally forgot about these guitars till I read this post...I've seen the name 2027x around, didn't think it was this guitar for some reason. I totally forgot about em.
Congrats on the axe, I want one too!! heh
If I would have remembered I would have gotten one of these instead of my RG7421XL, not that I'm not happy with it, its awesome, but i want the acoustic sound too!
c",)
I have to dig around and ask everywhere if anyone still has one...
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2002, 11:13 AM

Now, whenever you resolve yourself to put this thing down you gotta get you some 400 and 600 grit sandpaper and get that thin layer of finish off the back of the neck. Use the set up tutorial on this site and go for it...you won't regret it. It's the crowning touch.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2002, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Gresh- did that to my 7620. Actually, for the time being, i think i'll leave it- i like the feel currently. when it starts to gloss up, i'll shave it then.

I'm gonna try to get some pics up tonight- getting off work early today because they're sick of paying me overtime.

-Drew
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2002, 03:22 PM

Ahem... Pics?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2002, 11:49 AM

Yeah man, I want pix. I need to decide between a 2027x or a Carvin DC747. Sway me
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2002, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

ok, just finished taking a few, off to upload them to my site. pd0x, you'll be hooked.

-Drew
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2002, 06:06 PM

Whoa, that's so nice looking. I think this has swayed me away from the Carvin I could just learn to use the tremolo Also, only the first picture and the sound clip worked for me. Geocities said the others didn't exist. If you want to email me the pix I'll host 'em on a (slow, but no bandwidth restriction) server that my friend has.
[email protected]
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 11:55 AM

Hey pdox,

You might want to look up a forum guy, rlintz is his user name here. Randy is his real name. Email him and he will give the low down and pics of his 2027 and his two carvin 7's. He's also got a RG7CT and he has loads of pics and sound files I'm sure he'd be happy to share. I've played both his Carvins and my opinion is that the 2027 is more enjoyable to play on, but that's just my opinion. I like the necks much better and definitely prefer the RG shape. Fit and finish are about equal...Carvin does good work.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 09:40 AM

Great guitar man. I love that beautiful mahoghany. I perfer this kinda guitar over a jem or universe. Don't get me wrong, the multicolors and stuff are great looking, but I like the wood look much more. If I could just get Ibanez to make me a guitar with a spalted maple top, I'd be happy for a long time.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 08:43 PM

Here's various pics of my gear:

http://www.lintzland.com/music/pictures/

Love the Carvins - but come one, a prestige Ibanez just smokes... Blindfolded, you might have a hard time hearing the difference and the Carvins play very nicely but they're just not up to the same level as the prestige Ibanez's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode