Just got my American Master - Best Ibanez ever made - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-25-2001, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Just got my American Master

Heres a pic for all to see.

(Edited by jem7pbk at 3:26 am on July 25, 2001)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 12:27 AM

MMMMMM...Come to me, my darling...

J>
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

hehe
And oh yah! *Ren and Stempe sticker comes with it
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 04:36 PM

HAPPY HAPPY..... JOY JOY........ HAPPY HAPPY.....JOY JOY :biggrin:

Alden
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 06:05 AM

Re: Just got my American Master - Best Ibanez ever made

I have two AMs, one is for sale in marketplace atm (shameless plug). I agree they are the best of the pointy guitars Ibanez has ever made.
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 08:07 AM

Can i please have some info on these guitars, why are they worth so much? what are the production information?
post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 09:31 AM

There used to be a page here on this site about them, but I can't find it anymore. Might still be here but buried.

They were only made 1 year (though 2 different models were released in 2 consecutive years) and made by 2 small american luthiers (a different one for MA1s vs. MA 2s and MA3s) to Ibanez specs. Apparently 1) it wasn't cost effective for Ibanez, 2) the small luthiers couldnt keep up with demand, in any case, they were discontinued after one year each. I've heard various claims about the names of the luthiers that actually made them. Googling those names yields squat except the references to those names here. I doubt Ibanez farmed these out to someone no one has heard of before or since. Probably only Ibanez knows for sure, and they arent telling.

There were very few made. I've heard various estimates, but never heard anyone claim that more than 100 of each model were produced.

What sets them apart is they are handmade USA instruments and it shows in the quality. They also used very good wood. For example, the highly figured birdseye neck on my MA3 is very stable, and that guitar is strung 12-56 at standard pitch, almost never needing a truss rod adjustment for seasonal changes like nearly every other guitar. From what I understand, they also used Honduras Mahogany (i.e. real mahogany) not the bull**** fake mahogany (khaya, agathis, etc) that most guitar companies call 'mahogany' nowadays. I could go off on a rant about that practice alone..

In any case, having owned RGs, JEMS, RGTs, etc, I can tell you flat out, none of those has the playability or quality of the American Masters. Its something you can feel and hear. There is no 'super strat' style guitar ever made, by any company, that I'd take 2 of in trade for my MA1.
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 09:46 AM

holy crap! 9 year old thread resurrection!

rich
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 10:18 AM

Ha I didnt even noticed the date on the previous post. Thats weird though, because the only reason I replied was it was near the top of the forum when I glanced at the topics.
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldIbanezGuy View Post
Ha I didnt even noticed the date on the previous post. Thats weird though, because the only reason I replied was it was near the top of the forum when I glanced at the topics.
Heh, this is interesting. Yours truly, Mr. Forum Detective, is always wondering how the hell people resurrect these old posts. I've never seen it happen as much as it happens on Jemsite. Others have suggested people are clicking on the tags and reading old posts. That doesn't hold water vs. what you're describing.

Do you sort the forum by number of replies or views? Default would be by last post.
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 02:06 PM

I would guess he just did a search for that type of guitar and this thread came up. And it provided an opportunity to plug his classifieds ad.
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 03:17 PM

This thread was actually resurrected earlier today by a spammer who left a couple of posts here. Obviously those spam posts have now been removed.
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
This thread was actually resurrected earlier today by a spammer who left a couple of posts here. Obviously those spam posts have now been removed.
Sherlock Holmes for the win.
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 03:59 PM

Well......... I only know this 'cos I reported the spam posts that were left. The posts were removed pretty quickly I think so I don't think any of you guys would have seen them.
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 04:20 PM

ibtl?

Tags
bridge pickup , fret access , ibanez guitars , ibanez usa custom , jackson soloist , neck finish , neck thru , paf pro , sounding guitar , super distortion , upper fret , upper fret access

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode