Just got my American Master - Best Ibanez ever made - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 04:55 PM

Re: Just got my American Master - Best Ibanez ever made

Both are awesome but the sunburst one is insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 09:49 PM

Lower cutaway doesn't go to the bezel. Looks that way due to the angle of the picture, but it doesn't really. Look at the middle picture of the MA3 in the 1st row for a better angle.

The pics dont really capture the MA1 properly, its probably the more stunning of the 2 in person, but I guess its personal taste as well. Suffice to say, natural finish doesnt alway show up well when pictures are taken with a flash, it looks much better in-person.
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 02:21 PM

Gresco was one of the American Master Ibanez builders
Heres one of theirs on ****

http://cgi.****.com/USA-84-RA-Gresco...t_12184wt_1191
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 02:48 PM

Could someone that has this guitar take measures: mahogany thickness, maple top thickness, maple neck thickness from the joint to the body (judging by these photos, it's near the dimension of the maple top, if not a bit thicker)...? Also, wideness of the maple thru part on the body, at the trem area... Thanks!

mullmuzzler
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 07:08 AM

nice guitars guys, just bought a ma3hh few days back. this guitar is beyond words.

post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 07:23 AM

It seems when ibanez was making the american master series they decided that they would make a guitar unlike any other and would spare no expense. Every part of this guitar is masterfully carved and is a work of art; starting from the mother of pearl and abalone combination inlays to the neck and paint of this guitar. The ones who own this guitar, do take it to the sunlight and see how the backside of the guitar looks when the light falls upon it, it is tranquil. There are multiple textures/bindings on the back and side of this guitar where no one would bother to look, except for the most discerning player. I'd go as far as to say that i feel unworthy of this guitar.
post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 08:20 AM

Only guitar during my old Ibanez guitar buying phase that eluded me. Oh, it was ON ebay but I had to quit out after it hit $3500. This ONE bidder...oooooooo....STRANGLE YOU! LOL
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 11:32 AM

Reviews: 2

I've always wanted one too.....10 years ago there was an MA1 in good condition hanging at a Guitar center by me.......... they wanted $750 because they thought it was a standard USA Custom......... I didn't have the $$ for it.......still looking!!!!!

Tags
bridge pickup , fret access , ibanez guitars , ibanez usa custom , jackson soloist , neck finish , neck thru , paf pro , sounding guitar , super distortion , upper fret , upper fret access

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode