Just got my American Master - Best Ibanez ever made - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Just got my American Master - Best Ibanez ever made

Just got my American Master from Rich I sold or traded off all my jem's uv's pgm's and other Ibanezes and was about to go away from Ibanez guitars till I saw this, its every thing I have ever wanted in a guitar the best part is that its neck thru! a neck thru rg is my dream gutiar and this is it. Sustain for hours, and talk about all access. Does any one here have a American Master too? I never here yall talk about them.

Got to go play it some more
Later! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 03:24 PM
Vendor

Just got my American Master

I think Scott is the only other AM wielder here. Talk about upper fret access!!! LOL That's going to make a great swirl when you're done!!
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 10:10 PM

Cody,
That Scott isn't me but I'll take her off your hands when your done in a few weeks! Just kidding. By the way, do you still like PBK's? Cuz I have a nice one! Just kidding!!!!
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote: from Scott Smith on 12:10 am on June 27, 2001

I'll take her off your hands when your done in a few weeks!
If you can pry it from my cold, dead, kung fu grip, hands then sure hehe
I still think pbk's are the best jems but a jem has nothing on an A.M. ( I like it better then my prs custom 24) and when I swirl it, it will be even better
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 11:42 PM

Cody,
Your kidding right? Your not gonna swirl an American Master. God, I hope not. If so, I have a nice USA Jackson Soloist neckthrough that I would give up to save the AM... Just kidding, make that baby your own...
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

I mite swirl it. Its blue sparkle right now and has some chips on the edges but nothing bad. I mite just get *a red mirrord pickguard for it and a new bridge pickup ( that dimarzio double whammy sounds like pooh) Was that the orginal pickup Rich? cause I think its not "f" spaced maybe thats why that pick up sounds bad. none of the pole picese are near the strings( only on that pickup) I 'm gunna put a duncan jb or another dimarzio in it maybe a paf pro or super distortion.
But I'll never touch the head stock( paint it) or the " Ren and Stempie" sticker on the back! *

post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

I take it back that is an "f" spaced bucker in the bridge. Thats weird how the poles don't line up on the strings. and I will not be changeing that pickup out ( even if I want to) because that control cavity is crazy. ( did you peek inside it Rich?) pots I have never seen before and the way its wired is very complex. I'll just have to bust out my eq pedal so I can get some more bass out of it. *Now I can't wate till my Ibanez Usa Custom comes in. :rotf:

(Edited by jem7pbk at 2:47 am on June 27, 2001)
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 06:21 AM
Vendor

Looked original, but I didn't get any 'history' with it. Didin't peak inside, but I'm still trying to figure out where this loose wire goes in the USA, guess I better stop putting it off!! It'll be my project for today.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 11:52 AM

Scott (Vwall) Is the other AM owner. He has had a couple of them. The last time we had a Mini-Texas-Jemfest there were many guitars there. We all agreed the AM was the best playing and nicest sounding guitar present. No kidding... It is truly an awesome guitar… and the top on that thing has to be at least a half inch thick.
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 11:57 AM

Here’s a photo. The AM is the purple on the far left.

post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 02:26 PM

Bob,
You look like you'd had a few sherbets!
Was that the case? :biggrin:

Congrats BTW Cody

Steve
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 03:09 PM

I was a little toasty that night. *Gabe’s home is the perfect bachelor/jam pad. Most of the house is empty. Everything is in the game room and the computer room… including a refrigerator… that’s stocked full. He must spend all his time up there with all the gear. Even his TV is in there.
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 11:00 AM

I am in terminal lurk mode on this board but I had to post. *I own 4 (yes, four) MA3s, better known as mahogany/block American Masters. *I emphatically implore you to please not swirl this guitar. *If you have your heart set on swirling it, I will trade you one of my cherry burst ones for it.

Later, Rich

"but I often wonder what could have been
*...and I still dream of running away"
*- Fates Warning, A Pleasant Shade of Gray

http://www.richhorner.com - the work of a machine
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 12:25 PM

How is the back of the neck finished on the American Masters considering they are neck thru?

That is the only thing I don't like about the neck thru soloists - the neck is finished with paint. *I prefer the natural feel of a neck.

Rich - Fates Warning rules!
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

well kirk the blue finish fades onto the raw neck back about where the body ends it looks really good.

Rich
Ah I see you have 4 that are almost the same. I would trade you in a second if your serious email me at [email protected] my AM is number 74.

(Edited by jem7pbk at 8:09 pm on July 22, 2001)

Tags
bridge pickup , fret access , ibanez guitars , ibanez usa custom , jackson soloist , neck finish , neck thru , paf pro , sounding guitar , super distortion , upper fret , upper fret access

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode