Just got my J-Custom RRG6. Need Edge Zero HELP!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Just got my J-Custom RRG6. Need Edge Zero HELP!!

Hi guys,

Just received one of these limited edition J-Custom RRG6 guitars from meestursparkle:

J Custom RRG6

It is a great guitar, but I cannot get the Edge Zero bridge to stay in tune for anything. When I depress the bar it returns out of tune on several strings. I can sometimes get around this by pulling up hard on the bar after depressing it, however, that is an impractical solution. I read the manual, but I did not find information that helped me solve the problem. I tried messing with the roller adjustment, but that didn't do it. The trem is sitting perfectly parallel to the top of the body.

Bottom line - this is the only Floyd style double locking tremolo I've ever used that seems worse than a standard trem... I know it is just a simple setup problem, but I haven't solved it...

Anyone have any setup tricks or suggestions, etc. for keeping this thing in tune when using the bar? All the rest of my Floyds, I can abuse like hell and the guitar stays perfectly in tune...

Thanks,

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 01:29 AM

Re: Just got my J-Custom RRG6. Need Edge Zero HELP!!

check the nut screws, not a shifting nut? neck screws? what is the angle of the trem? you can't use the edge zero with the knife edges parallel to the guitar with the ZPS bar in and working properly.

have you put in the locking studs it came with?

anyway, i can't be bothered writing out an exhaustive list, so check this, 99% guaranteed to solve your problem.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setu..._stability.htm

oh and so you know, i have an edge zero, and it always returns to perfect tune.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Re: Just got my J-Custom RRG6. Need Edge Zero HELP!!

Thanks for the response...

Oh btw - I'm an idiot! The Floyd nut screws weren't tightened! The whole system stays in tune perfectly now... Thanks for all the suggestions... I actually like the edge zero. The way the bar attaches is very clever...

Steve

Tags
edge zero issue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode