Just Got A New Guitar!!!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Just Got A New Guitar!!!!

I just got a Dean Hardtail!!!! It is an awesome guitar!!!! Im using in for teaching cause I tired of bringing my guitars with trems or my Les Paul with EMGs so I sold one of my Ibanez RG 7621s to get it.
Heres some pics of it as well as the rest of my gear..........
http://photobucket.com/albums/y123/Peruccirlz/

Heres what the rest of my gear is......

Guitars

Dean Hardtail Standard in tigereye finish with dual coil taps. Totally stock for now, I want some Dimarzios that are chrome covered (although I dont think thats possible)

Ibanez RG 7621 BK

Ibanez RG 7621BK with Dimarzio Blaze pickups (soon gonna have EMG 81-7s)

Ibanez RG 550BK with Chandler pearl pickguard and Dimarzio Evolution pickup in Bridge and Fernandes Sustainer in the neck (actually getting installed as I type this!)

Gibson Les Paul With.........
An Emg 81 in the bridge and 85 in the neck, An Emg afterburner in the neck tone position. It has Grover 18:1 locking tuners on it and a grover hipshot on the low E string. It has a tonepros bridge & tailpiece, and an optronix chromatic tuner in the neck pickup ring. I also shaved the neck to the wood and put a tung oil finish on it as well as the rest of the body,(a 20 hour hand sanding job!) I installed strap locks and I use a groove tubes fatfinger on the headstock. It runs on 2 9volt Energizer E2 batterys.

Jackson RR1T in Snow White with and EMG 81 in the bridge and a 60 in teh neck, a mini toggle EMG PA-2, and a kill switch are in there as well, Im waiting for Sharp Concepts to send my my new pickguard for it so I can reinstall all that ****! But its only gonna have a 3 way pup toggle and 1 master volume(no dumbass tone knobs!!!) and the 2 mini toggles for the PA2 and the Killswitch.

Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci Model with piazo bridge in pearl redburst with matching headstock

Im going to be getting a Fender American Tele soon, I cant wait for that!!!!

2 Washburn D-10 acoustics

Lucero nylon string

Honer 5 string banjo

Rack Gear

Furman Power Conditioner

Digitech Gsp 2101 Artist Series Preamp version 3.0

Beheringer Dsp 8024 Graphic/Parametric Eq

BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer

Sabine DT-7100 strobe tuner

Mesa Boogie 2:90 Power amp

Heads

Crate Glx 120 watt

Peavey XXX going to install JJs high gain 12AX7s and some new 6L6s next month!!!!

Cabs

1 Straight 4 12 (400 watt)

1 Angled 4 12 (400 watt)

Other Amps

Crate GFX 65 watt (for practice, and for my students use)

Effects

MXR EVH Phase 90

Keeley Modded SD-1

Boss OC-2 Octave

Boss (Japanees made) DD-3

Dunlop ZWOD

Rocktron Blackcat wah

Zakk Wylde Wah

Boss CE-5 chorus Ensemble used in stereo mode

Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

12 patch midi controller with pedal for whammy/volume/misc functions

Keyboard

Casio CTK-601

Recording

Pro Tools LE Digi 002 (Rack)

Samson 80a 100watt moniters

Computer

Mac G5

2 Samsung 19" moniters

Lacie 250 external hard drive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 07:24 AM

Re: Just Got A New Guitar!!!!

Very nice. I've admired those Dean Hardtails for a while now... i only wish they made a 7-string. Yours is actually a Hardtail Select... the Standard doesn't have the maple top.

Rather than DiMarzios, why not try out a set of Duncans? I believe the JB and Jazz would sound awesome in your guitar nad both are available with covers, though i think black exposed coils with cream mounting rings would look gorgeous on that tiger eye flamed top.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 07:50 AM

Very nice, congratz .

Regards

André

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 10:37 AM

Very nice. Ive always thought the dean hardtail was a good looking guitar, i love the limmited edition dean did with a spalted maple top.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 11:03 AM

does the dean have a round shape neck profile or does it have a v shaped profile?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Rounded
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 07:39 PM

Nice,man. Congratulations. Great collection.

Tags
blaze pickups , coil tap , dimarzio blaze , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , ernie ball , evh phase , fernandes sustainer , furman power conditioner , gibson les paul , groove tubes , john petrucci , john petrucci model , keeley mod , les paul , locking tuners , loop station , mesa boogie , midi controller , mini toggle , mxr evh phase , neck pickup , pearl pickguard , petrucci model , pickup ring , power amp , sonic maximizer , strap lock , strap locks , strobe tuner , tung oil , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode