Just got a new Ibanez RG570 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Just got a new Ibanez RG570

I saw an RG570 in gray nickel finish on ebay last Saturday. The dude wanted almost $600 for the guitar and case. He also stated in his listing that he would be considering trades for Epi Les Pauls. I offered him my '56 Goldtop Epi and he bit. I was gonna list the Les Paul on Ebay and use the proceeds to buy a used 570 anyway.

I was a bit skeptical at first about sending my guitar all the way to Indiana without first receiving his guitar, and the other guy wasn't too sure about how to finalize the deal either.

After a few emails back and forth, checking each other's feedback and verifying addresses we found a viable solution. We decided to trust each other and emailed tracking numbers for UPS 2nd day air shipments to depart on Wednesday.

I got the axe today and it's a beauty. There was only one scratch on the top, but I knew that before agreeing to the trade. Its a 2002 model with the serial number inside the little banner. A little tweaking on the height and angle of the cosmo edge and she was shredding in no time.

The pickups are a little tame for my tastes, so I'm gonna strap on a pair of Evos or Breeds. Maybe a Blue Velvet or HS2 in the middle. Any suggestions or other choices on the pickups?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 05:24 AM

Dual Paf pro's are a very good choice
and if you want real tone ToneZone in the neck to go with a paf , but that's about it apart from your own choices...
I don't use single coils, you could keep the one thats fitted in...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 09:30 AM

Congrats! I'm the owner of a 570 GN too. Definetely, my main player. Check if it has a neck shim. I know this varies, but mine didn't have one, and a 4 fold shim gave it an incredible action. No pickup swap for mine.....yet!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Has anyone tried the Air Norton - Neck / Tone Zone - Bridge combo in a basswood body guitar?

I like the TZ in the bridge on my mahogany RG3120, but I'm not sure how it would sound in the lighter basswood.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 12:38 PM

I just put the Tone Zone / Air Norton combo in my basswood rg. I like it a lot. Way more output than original pickups so it takes some getting used to. The Air Norton is sweet.

Tags
air norton , air norton combo , basswood body , epi les paul , les paul , les pauls , neck shim , paf pro , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode