Just got a PGM500-CA - Guitar Center comes through with some - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Just got a PGM500-CA - Guitar Center comes through with some

Was poking around at GC last night (looking at wah pedals and drum mics of all things), and on my way out the door I noticed they had a PGM500 in pretty good condition (for what seemed to be a decent price). I played it for a while and wrapped it up, totally stoked because I've finally gotten my mitts on a decent fixed-bridge Ibanez! *

Anyway, I've got a little work to do in terms of rewiring... the bridge pickup was replaced with some black Dimarzio. Interestingly enough, it might be another Tone Zone (looks like it, but I haven't removed it yet to verify), but it just looks goofy having one black pickup with two creme pickups.

Also, what is the push-pull volume pot supposed to do? Mine seems to not do anything, so I'm thinking that the previous owner changed the wiring around a bit when they replaced the pickup. I'm trying to get it back to a relatively stock looking and working state.

Thanks,
--Brent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 10:05 AM

Just got a PGM500-CA

Brent!

I sounds like you got the PGM500 that I'd sold about 6 months ago!!! *Talk about a small world! *Geez...When I got it, it had a pink PAF PRO in it that was dead as a doornail. *I had a spare black Tone Zone and popped it in. *The push-pull seemed to split the two humbuckers, but didn't do anything for the single. *It was an after-market mod though. *Congrats! *
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Just got a PGM500-CA

Wow... maybe it is a small world!

All in all, it's a pretty sweet axe. I'd never seen any PGM in person before. I always thought the f-holes look goofy in pictures, but they didn't look too bad in person. And the candy apple red finish is really sweet... just enough sparkle to make it stand out, but not so much that it's gawdy. And gold hardware on red always looks bad-a$$. The only real wear is on the saddles, but I was thinking about replacing the stock saddles with graphite saddles anyway.

Certainly it's better off with a black TZ than a pink Paf Pro! I'm sure I'll be able to trade the black TZ for a creme one with enough searching around on the net. I'm considering trading the Jem SC for something with a little more meat, like a Blue Velvet, just so I have that extra push over the cliff.

If nothing else, this should keep me occupied until I can save up the coin for a PGM90 or PGM10! At this point, I imagine this guitar will probably come to every gig since I always like to have a fixed bridge guitar for a backup.

--B

Tags
bridge pickup , candy apple red , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , paf pro , tone zone , wah pedal , wah pedals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode