Just got a RG620QM :) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Just got a RG620QM :)

Yesterday I got my RG620QM delivered, and I'm really pleased with it.
It's a 2002 model, with lo pro edge trem and V7/V8 pickups.
I really like the feel of it. A little while ago I got a JEM777VBK and ended up selling it (to dex) because there were a few things I didn't like about it. Mainly the chunky old style neck-heel and the look (I thought about refinishing it but decided I would never get the time to do it justice). My other guitar is a RG470 (for sale in the classifieds), which I still love but after playing the Jem it made me realise that the 470 was in a different league. The 620 seems to have the things I liked from both guitars (AANJ, nice looks, lo pro edge)

Anyway I got the 620 on special offer for 399, and it's an ex-display model but it seems in perfect condition to me! I'm currently thinking about replacing the pickups bu to be honest I'm fairly impressed with the V7/V8! They're much better than the INFs in the 470.

Anyone know much these guitars cost orignally? There doesn't seem to be much info on the 620 around anywhere...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 09:32 AM

Re: Just got a RG620QM :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa-db
...I thought about refinishing it but decided I would never get the time to do it justice...
thanks God!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 07:38 PM

I have a 96 model RGR 620. It came standard with QM1 & QM2 pickups.

I paid $1500 aus for it. I'd say that is around $900US.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 08:06 PM

Do you have any pics of the guitar? I always wanted to see some real pictures of an RG620QM
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 05:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloist
Do you have any pics of the guitar? I always wanted to see some real pictures of an RG620QM
I went to take some the other night and both sets of batteries for my camera ran out! Last night, I didn't get a chance but I will get some online soon!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Here's some pictures!

The colour is really hard to get right, it either comes out more red/orange than it really is or too dark. It should be a sort of dark red, that's slightly brown (or something!)

Anyway...

Please excuse the dusty carpet, the terrible woodchip wallpaper and my reflection in the second pic!

I'm really liking this guitar at the moment. I just picked up my RG470 to play and I couldn't believe how "wrong" it felt. The 620 just feels right. I'm kind of scared to swap out the pickup for a Dimarzio in case I ruin it!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 07:45 PM

Great pics, thanks for posting them. I have wanted one of those for so long but of course here in the US we do not get them. Instead I ended up getting an RG2420-TB from Japan and then sold it later to get an RG1822TRD. Through all of that I still want a 620QM (or 4020QM, if I can ever find one), I like it because it is very nice looking but not too busy.

Tags
edge trem , pro edge , pro edge trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode