Just ordered the 770DX RR & LB - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 02:32 AM

Re: Just ordered the 770DX RR & LB

I've owned a Dinky, they don't feel near as comfortable as an RG nor do they have the room at the upper frets like an RG does. I have big hands & Dinky's just don't compare to an RG. Plus the RG770 has a much thinner neck than a Dinky. Block heal is a non-issue with me either way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 01:18 PM

Talking Re: Just ordered the 770DX RR & LB

Well my point about the Dinky was not to compare the two guitars directly but to point out that the AANJ was a very significant evolution in RGs that, at least for me, helped bring them above every other superstrat.

Now that the RG770dx does not have an AANJ it is just one step closer to the typical superstrat.

You know it's funny I didn't realize that it was a reissue until I researched it a bit more. I would have never guessed that it was just by looking at it, I would have expected it to be more garish Then again I was born in 85 so I really wouldn't know.

Personally, I really don't care that the guitar is in an "80s" style, I approached the guitar the same way I do any other, and for my playing style an AANJ is an enormous plus, therefore this guitar is a no go.

Last edited by ixelion; 09-18-2008 at 02:28 PM.
post #48 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 11:19 PM

AMS has these lazer blue in stock and ready to ship right now! They better be shipping mine first!
post #49 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 11:21 PM

List Price: $1,733.32 You Save: 25%

Our Price: $1,299.95
5 EASY Payments of $259.99

Guaranteed Lowest price

In Stock
Order now and your order ships next business day!
post #50 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 02:39 AM

I just noticed that! I hope mine's shipping soon too. I've had my order in since they 1st listed them on their site. I'll email them & ask what's up.

Update: I just looked on american musical . com , my RG770DXLB is currently being packed for shipping!!!!! Yes !!!! Maybe I'll have it by the end of the week !!!! New guitars turns this 36 year old shred-head into a 10 year old awaiting xmas. Xmas is early this year !!!! I'd be jumping up & down, but I'm at work & have to keep up appearances. Anyone else getting theirs yet?

Last edited by GTR-MAN; 09-29-2008 at 10:54 AM.
post #51 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR-MAN View Post
I just noticed that! I hope mine's shipping soon too. I've had my order in since they 1st listed them on their site. I'll email them & ask what's up.

Update: I just looked on american musical . com , my RG770DXLB is currently being packed for shipping!!!!! Yes !!!! Maybe I'll have it by the end of the week !!!! New guitars turns this 36 year old shred-head into a 10 year old awaiting xmas. Xmas is early this year !!!! I'd be jumping up & down, but I'm at work & have to keep up appearances. Anyone else getting theirs yet?
Good News GTR MAN !!! I just got a update from Sweetwater and mine will be shipped around 11/08/08. the anticipation is all part of the fun. It gives you something to look forward to besides going to work everyday. I'm 42 and I totally with you on feeling like a 10 year old on Christmas morning.
post #52 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 10:54 PM

AMS shipped mine yesterday.
post #53 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 02:33 AM

I found out today that the address it was shipped to had part of my old address(my fault, sorta), so basically it was going nowhere. Fortunately I caught it in time to contact UPS and get it routed to the proper address. Unfortunately I won't get it till Monday now. Oh well I waited this long I can wait a few more days. I was so looking forward to it tomorrow.
post #54 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 05:46 PM

Just got mine this morning! This thing is awesome! Best NGD in a long while. The inlays are nice, not sloppy like the prototypes at NAMM. Fret ends are not rounded like a normal prestige, but not sharp or anything. I might smooth them off just a tiny bit. The glory days of Ibanez are alive and well.
post #55 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 08:24 PM

I got mine.couple of njfc.otherwise excellent.They did say they were making them like the originals cracks and all! I got a killer deal because of the cracks.Hopefully the others will show up crack free.Off to rehearsal to break her in.
post #56 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 02:25 AM

Back from rehearsal.This guitar rocks.It has a little brightness to it,but it cuts nice in a band setting.Surprisingly, I like the stock pickups.It plays effortless.This and my rfr 20th will get alot of playtime gigging.This was with factory set-up and factory strings.I can't wait to try it with new strings and set up.The fret ends on mine aren't sharp.The nut is the right height and there is hardly any filler in the inlays.Too bad about the neck joint finish cracks.It probably happened in shipping.It will be a player anyway.I'm quite pleased overall.
post #57 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 09:01 PM

It turned out that I got mine Yesterday afterall. Awesome axe, & like Dino said the inlays are tight,no filler at all. You have inlay & you have wood, no filler like the pics from the namm proto. The one thing I noticed is the prestige case has a hard time staying open just like the RG550MXX reissue cases from last year. That made me laugh. At least they're consistant I guess. The action is to high, higher than the specs Ibanez says they set them too. That seems to be the case for every single Ibanez I have bought in the last 4 years since I got into Ibanez. Not a big deal, I'll set it up the way I like when I get some time. Still with the high action it plays very well & was able to shred on it right away...well after tuning it up somewhat. face it, Ibanez couldn't set up a guitar properly to save their lives. They also included the Ibanez untold story book, now I have 3 of them. I was scared when I opened the case, one of the locking nut pads & screw was missing... I found it stuck in between the padding above the headstock. Nothing got scratched or ruined from it though. I got the blue one & was surprised how much darker it is compared to the photos, but still very nice. They include the new editon of the prestige manual, but it doesn't cover the Edge trem. Goofballs. Fortunatly I know how to use it & have that info in older manuals. Still you'd think they'd have the sense to put in instructions for the hardware on that guitar. OH well. I'm very happy with it & also give props to AMS & UPS for handling the matter of the wrong address, correcting it, & getting it to me the day it originally was supposed to be delivered.
post #58 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR-MAN View Post
It turned out that I got mine Yesterday afterall. Awesome axe, & like Dino said the inlays are tight,no filler at all. You have inlay & you have wood, no filler like the pics from the namm proto. The one thing I noticed is the prestige case has a hard time staying open just like the RG550MXX reissue cases from last year. That made me laugh. At least they're consistant I guess. The action is to high, higher than the specs Ibanez says they set them too. That seems to be the case for every single Ibanez I have bought in the last 4 years since I got into Ibanez. Not a big deal, I'll set it up the way I like when I get some time. Still with the high action it plays very well & was able to shred on it right away...well after tuning it up somewhat. face it, Ibanez couldn't set up a guitar properly to save their lives. They also included the Ibanez untold story book, now I have 3 of them. I was scared when I opened the case, one of the locking nut pads & screw was missing... I found it stuck in between the padding above the headstock. Nothing got scratched or ruined from it though. I got the blue one & was surprised how much darker it is compared to the photos, but still very nice. They include the new editon of the prestige manual, but it doesn't cover the Edge trem. Goofballs. Fortunatly I know how to use it & have that info in older manuals. Still you'd think they'd have the sense to put in instructions for the hardware on that guitar. OH well. I'm very happy with it & also give props to AMS & UPS for handling the matter of the wrong address, correcting it, & getting it to me the day it originally was supposed to be delivered.

Sweet! Mine still has the plastic on it. I've been sneeking peeks at it and giggling like a teenager all day.
post #59 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 02:39 PM

Yeah I haven't taken the plastic off yet either. I figured I'd wait till I set it up just in case something happens, it's protected. Not that I ever scratched a guitar setting it up, but there's always a 1st time. I'll have to post some pics too. I don't think it's set in yet that I have it. It's good to be us. New guitars rule! Have fun !
post #60 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 06:45 AM

u guys know any store in LA that distribute the 770dx? possibly near USC?

thx guys

Tags
pickup ring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in