Just ordered the 770DX RR & LB - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Smile Just ordered the 770DX RR & LB

Just saw the nSn 2008 catalog and ordered the 770dx RR & LB on the spot. They look sweet! Although they're in the Prestige section, I wonder if they're going to get the same non-prestige treatment on the fret ends like the 550's did. I hope it's the prestige cases. Getting excited!

Anyone else getting them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 08:58 PM

Reviews: 25
Re: Just ordered the 770DX RR & LB

Either way you will be pleased with the guitar im sure....
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 09:04 PM

I'm getting the 770DXLB, no prestige treatment, but that never bothered me with my 550. According to the Ibanez.com forum administrator they will be in the prestige cases.

http://www.ibanez.com/forum/yaf_post...G-REISSUE.aspx
post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR-MAN View Post
I'm getting the 770DXLB, no prestige treatment, but that never bothered me with my 550. According to the Ibanez.com forum administrator they will be in the prestige cases.

http://www.ibanez.com/forum/yaf_post...G-REISSUE.aspx
Hasn't bother me either and the prestige cases are much better.
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 03:10 AM

actually the lack of the Prestige treatment leaves the fret ends very, very sharp. i have to round'em out on every RG20th i happen to work on, and people thank me.
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 10:16 PM

Never had any problem with the so-called sharp fret ends. I guess if I had soft girly hands it might be a problem, but since I don't it has never been an issue. I really don't see them as sharp, much less very, very sharp. To each his/her own I guess.
I do agree that the prestige cases are better. I keep my 550 reissue case in the house instead of the garage because I worry about it getting dirty. I don't worry about the prestige cases. (all my guitars are hanging in the house, I just keep the cases in the garage)
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Never had any problem with the so-called sharp fret ends. I guess if I had soft girly hands it might be a problem...
that's not the point. among my customers there are many strapping lads with big sturdy hands, yet they ask me to round their fret ends out, no matter. men like soft things...
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
that's not the point. among my customers there are many strapping lads with big sturdy hands, yet they ask me to round their fret ends out, no matter. men like soft things...

LOL Well I can't argue with that. Makes me think of my wife now. Still never felt they were sharp though. I actually like 'em that way. I don't really notice them until they're rounded. Maybe I'm weird. I definitely rather not pay a higher price just for foofy rounded frets though. That's just me I guess.
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

The lack of Prestige treatment was noticeable but I never thought they were sharp or in NEED of any treatment.

I was discussing these with a friend of mine last night and he called me back and said he ordered one via a (popular) internet retailer. I thought it was odd that this retailer has is posted for sale via a checkout after hearing my sales rep's response to the availability of these guitars. I can help but to wonder if the ridiculously low number is an exaggeration.
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 04:57 PM

I ordered mine via internet retailer too. They probably get a larger allotment than the store you bought yours from maybe? Plus not everyone who will want one of these trolls the forums like we do, so won't know they're available till they hit the stores. I doubt the #'s have been exaggerated, & am sure they'll all be scooped up by years end. Be glad we have ours pre-ordered now. I am. I went through the same thing with the 550 reissue, ordered mine from the same internet retailer & within a month or 2 they no longer offered it for sale because they'd sold off their allotment via pre-order. They probably would've went even quicker if Ibanez advertised them, because like I said not everyone trolls the internet. If I didn't ,I'd never had known about the 550 reissue till they were gone. I surely wouldn't know of the 770 reissue at this time. In a couple months we should be posting pictures of our new 770's & there will be those that never knew they were coming out.
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 05:55 PM

I have never, ever, at any point of my life............heard the term "foofy" before

I have been educated in language today

I look forward to the new guitar day pics
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 12:43 AM

I'd love one, but apparently the Australian rrp is $2999. Too rich for my blood, so i'll wait and see if the RG2450MZ comes out down under.

Rock on!
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 01:08 AM

Quote:
not everyone trolls the internet. If I didn't ,I'd never had known about the 550 reissue till they were gone. .
I didnt troll the internet, so i know exactly what you meen They were sold out everywhere by the time i saw the preview video. i thought i'd found some brand new guitar that wasnt even out yet, boy was i suprised
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 10:22 AM

Yeah it sucks that the RG770 Reissues retail for so much here in Oz, I thought and thought about it but my Ibby Rep only had 3 of each for Vic & Tas and they sold super fast. He also told me to stop looking at Ibanez Japan for guitars they don't bring in *sighs* ie the RG2540M.... (and J Customs)

So to cheer myself up I ordered myself an RGA321 after he offered me one at a SUPER SUPER awesome price.....should take delivery before the week is out....ahhh the perks of working in a guitar shop :-)

Tags
pickup ring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode