Just picked up a EVH Frankenstrat Replica made by...ESP for release only Japan (pics) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Just picked up a EVH Frankenstrat Replica made by...ESP for release only Japan (pics)

Hey Guys,

With all of the buzz around the new Charvel/Fender EVH Frankenstein guitar that was just released for $30K I found what I think is very very cool and pretty rare I think.

As the story goes ESP in Japan made their own Frankenstrat EVH replica guitar years ago for a very limited release in Japan only (to circumvent the US trademark I persume). Anyway from I have learned they still got allot of heat from Eddies Lawyers and only a few were made.

I could be wrong about the above but that was the story I got. Anyway it is a legit high end ESP Van Halen replica and it plays sounds killer.

If anyone here knows more about it and the story behind them please post it.

This guitar is very similar to the new EVH replica with out the "relic job", reflectors on the back or the 1971 Quarter screwed to the top. All easily done if I wanted too.

Here are a few pictures of it let me know what you think.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 06:52 PM

Reviews: 10
Cool Re: Just picked up a EVH Frankenstrat Replica made by...ESP for release only Japan (p

It's nice but I do not see ESP on the headstock so it is more than likely an Edwards!
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 06:53 PM

Re: Just picked up a EVH Frankenstrat Replica made by...ESP for release only Japan (pics)

Well I'm gonna stick my neck out and say I realy like it.
I like the fact that it's ESP and therefore even more rare than the new Fender ones and of course with ESP you get the top quality fit and finish too.

Nice find mate !

Ben
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 06:56 PM

Re: Just picked up a EVH Frankenstrat Replica made by...ESP for release only Japan (pics)

With it being a "straight copy" I'd have to agree with Olie as Edwards seem to be the guys who deal with those kind of guitars. Although people have said that the Edwards Gibson copies easily match up to the real thing so I'm sure it's a good guitar.

Ben
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Re: Just picked up a EVH Frankenstrat Replica made by...ESP for release only Japan (p

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
It's nice but I do not see ESP on the headstock so it is more than likely an Edwards!
I have no doubt ESP made it and I have heard about this run for awhile now but I could never find one until now., ESP is on the back of the peghead in the last picture ("Produced by ESP"). It is not on the front as Eddies has nothing up there either and it is a replica. I am sure it is ESP and I know they made this replica for a very short time. I just dont know how many.

Brad
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 07:01 PM

Cool Re: Just picked up a EVH Frankenstrat Replica made by...ESP for release only Japan (p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
With it being a "straight copy" I'd have to agree with Olie as Edwards seem to be the guys who deal with those kind of guitars. Although people have said that the Edwards Gibson copies easily match up to the real thing so I'm sure it's a good guitar.

Ben
Yep they do mate!!! the fact this frankenstrat is an Edwards does not make it less quality in any department!!! I said it before and I will say it again I would preffer the 5150 Kramers of old or this Edwards replica rather than their overpriced Charvel counterparts!!!
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareguitar View Post
I have no doubt ESP made it and I have heard about this run for awhile now but I could never find one until now., ESP is on the back of the peghead in the last picture ("Produced by ESP"). It is not on the front as Eddies has nothing up there either and it is a replica. I am sure it is ESP and I know they made this replica for a very short time. I just dont know how many.

Brad
Only Edwards guitars say produced by ESP in the back!!! it's not up for argument really just do some research... but as I said before is not a bad thing at all that the guitar is made by Edwards as I am sure it is a quality axe with quality parts!!!
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Re: Just picked up a EVH Frankenstrat Replica made by...ESP for release only Japan (p

Quote:
Only Edwards guitars say produced by ESP in the back!!! it's not up for argument really just do some research... but as I said before is not a bad thing at all that the guitar is made by Edwards as I am sure it is a quality axe with quality parts!!!
Cool I did not know that. Thank You.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 07:44 PM

Very cool guitar ... enjoy
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 07:47 PM

Thumbs up Re: Just picked up a EVH Frankenstrat Replica made by...ESP for release only Japan (p

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluealien View Post
Very cool guitar ... enjoy
Yep!!! enjoy that beast with all those nice amps you have!!!
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 09:45 PM

Congratz!
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Actually most ESP made replicas say produced by ESP and leave nothing in the headstock. I believe the ESP "RED" Meanie that Circuit V Panther(Sex Machineguns) had also had the same thing. Nothing in the front, produced by ESP in the back.

The also do the same thing when they do special joint venture guitars (ie. Doraemon models, Batman models, and some other crazy designs as well).

Regardless if it's ESP or Edwards, it's still made by ESP as nothing under the ESP brand name is made in a mass production factory.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 09:49 PM

Cool. I'm impressed
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 10:13 PM

you better get playing that sucker, it needs wearing in!!
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 10:51 PM

Reviews: 120

Awesome stuff there!

Tags
edwards guitars , evh frankenstein , evh guitars , neck plate , trem springs , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode