Just played an RG471AH (and S320, and Jem7VWH) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Just played an RG471AH (and S320, and Jem7VWH)

Played really well. I liked it a lot. I may go buy it.

Fixed bridge, but I don't really use a whammy bar that much anyway. Wizard III neck. The frets were smooth along the edges of the neck unlike some of the other entry-level RG's I've played. Am I correct that the fixed bridge will stay in tune pretty much forever?

After that I played a used S320 which was only $250. I liked the thin body but the pickups didn't seem right, it was nearly impossible to get pinch harmonics (used the same amp and cord as the other guitar's I was playing so the guitar was the only changing variable). I didn't like it as much as I should've.

The Jem was obviously awesome but with a price of $2,599, that's not happening anytime soon.

Anyone played an RG471AH? Let's discuss that guitar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 10:03 PM

Re: Just played an RG471AH (and S320, and Jem7VWH)

I have a older 2002 RG421 with a fixed bridge w gotoh tuners and it stays in tune forever. It's one of a few guitars that I will never get rid of. It's all beat up but it plays so sweet. I have EMG 81/89's in it and it's a metal monster
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 10:25 PM

Reviews: 10

I love the wood grain on that guitar - really nice! If I saw that guitar for sale around here I would snap it up! I have a Jem7vwh and the neck is my fave...but yes they are expensive - I got mine used for $1,100 so that made it possible.... I'm not as big on the S shape (just an opinion) but if that RG471AH felt good then you should go for it - really sweet looking guitar!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 10:40 PM

Reviews: 21

The Gibratar Standard bridge is a great bridge. If this guitar is up to par with other Indos it's a decent guitar. The only weak point on this might be the tuning machines. In some cases they can be a bit loose on the Indos. I've only had one Indo in four that I've owned have this problem and my newest, an RG7321, is fine. A great value! I've been eyeing this guitar myself as well as the new RG351.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

I'm trying to avoid getting GAS, but I may have to go back and give that RG471 another play.

I was going to buy a used Parker P-38 but it sold when I went back to look at it again. That guitar had such a nice, thin neck and played really smoothly, on par with the Jem if not better.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 11:43 PM

Reviews: 11

They're pretty cool. Played one before. Not bad but not great. If you're looking for something quality with a Swamp Ash body, I know a dude with an AWESOME Swamp Ash RG565 for sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode