Just put a Super 3 in my RG 2570ev - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Just put a Super 3 in my RG 2570ev

And it's feeding back like crazy. Probably going to send it back for an Evo, Evo 2 or a Breed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 01:13 AM

Re: Just put a Super 3 in my RG 2570ev

but the tone's good, right? The feedback will depend heavily on settings on the amp, distance, muffling of the strings, etc. Make sure you trouble-shoot first. I imagine that Evo's and Breeds, which are essentially hot pickups as well, may feedback just as much.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

Talking Re: Just put a Super 3 in my RG 2570ev

The DiMarzio/IBZ in the neck which is essentially a DiMarzio Super 2, which is almost as hot, sound much quieter with no feedback what soever. Something is wrong with the pickup I think. Plus I think I might be happier with an Evo 2 as it is a clearer sounding pick up. Maybe I'll get really brave and slap in an Evolution.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

I called DiMarzio today. Let the guy hear the feed back over the phone and then switched it to the neck pickup to show how much qieter it was. He said it was probably a potting issue and that the pickup must be defective. So I sent it back to MF and I buying what I should have bought in the first place, an EVO 2
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 08:23 PM

Are you keeping the neck PU standard? I'm putting a breed F spaced neck PU on my RG2570 next week, just hope it isnt too 'bassy'.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

It really comes down to what amp you use. I use a Mesa Mk IV into a Bogner Uberkab, so a dark pickup was a bad choice as the Mesa has a lot of low mids. A Breed is going to be warmer than the Evo 2 according to the guy I talked to at DiMarzio. For now I'm keeping the neck pickup. It's not great but it IS pretty damn good.

Tags
neck pickup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode