Just a thought... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Just a thought...

Based on the common concensus, on this and many other sites, surely Ibanez can see that it would be in their interests to reissue some of their classic models eg:- RG5** RG7** etc.

IMHO, '87 - '92 were the best years for Ibanez. Even if Ibanez decided to release limited runs of the most requested models, just to test the water so to speak, surely they would see the demand/interest is there.

How many of us scour evilbay, looking for that elusive find? Surely that's lost revenue for Ibanez for not having these classic models still available. Personally, I feel that Ibanez are shooting themselves in the foot.

Just my 2 cents...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Dee

Re: Just a thought...

You're just one of the many of us saying the same thing. Just keep expressing the demand and we'll eventually get there.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

I'd bet my house that if Ibanez made a limited run of the RG770DX, RG550 etc, they'd sell out instantly, and they'd have to bring them back.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Dee

I think so too. In fact most people will agree, and a few will say "get out of the 80's, loser!". They can get lost, though. Good colours are timeless.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

You can take the man out of the 80's, but you can't take the 80's out of the man haha.

Seriously though, there are so many like minded people, it's more than just a cult/trend kind of thing, we are serious enthusiasts just waiting to part with our money... listen up Ibanez!!!

Reissues, original specs ( Wizard neck, not Wizard II, Lo Pro etc), and the timeless, eye popping colours. The demand is here!!!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Dee

Exactly! Look at e-Bay. We enthusiasts are already parting with our money, that's if we're lucky enough to win something among 35 other desperate would-be Jem or RG owners. Honestly, even Chibanez has a better range of colours!

Ibanez ought to take a leaf out of LGM Guitars book. Check the colour options: http://www.lgmguitars.com/guitars/le...ns_solids.html <---28 colours!

Anyway, I know exactly what will happen. I'll eventually lose patience (I neeeeeed a new axe) and I'll have just settled for a black RG2550E (a compromise guitar that's pretty "safe") and they'll announce the RG770DX, RG550 and RG750FA reissues, along with Desert Yellow FGM's. ARRGGHH...

EDIT: And then the JEM BFP, FP and DY, SK and LNG's, and another announcement saying they totally revamped the Pro Line series and started making them again with thru-necks and ebony fretboards... Damn...

Last edited by Dee; 07-10-2006 at 08:24 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Obviously Ibanez deals in $$$/£££, but I just wonder how much revenue they have lost... ie: all the guitars that have been/will be sold for rediculous prices on *bay etc, that could've been profit for them, surely this is bad business sense..?

Oh well, we'll have to keep on dreaming...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Dee

Other people seem to think differently, their argument being that "black is the most popular, that's where the money is". That may be so, but not all of us want black! So yeah, it works both ways, I guess. Today's guitars are soulless. I can't think of any other way to describe them.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 11:38 PM

Re: Just an empty thought...

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48585 zzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz
Can't we leave this poor beaten horse alone? Will 356 signatures be the straw that will break the horse's back?

I've been visiting this site for almost 10 years, and this is not the first time we've collectively cried about variety in colors. To Rich's point in the other thread, Ibanez has released many different color options, including a DY somewhere around 1999. The market for these colors is not as big as you think it is. 356 people of a world population of over 6 billion. We are a niche, a very small niche. *Note I say "we" because I think it would be nice to have a new bright pink RG.

With regards to construction of the RG5+ lines, I am pretty sure that the Wizard neck dimensions have not changed. The only changes I am aware of is finishing and construction (including a newer and more streamlined neck joint.) Positive changes IMHO. Please, if I am wrong, will someone please let me know? I've been searching for info on this but have found no hard evidence. I am basing my opinion on my 89 RG550 and my 2004 RG2570.

DON'T BUY A NEW BLACK RG FOR $600 +. Let me save you some trouble. Go to fleabay and buy an RG5XX or parts to build one. Then drop the lot off at your local paint shop. In the end you'll have plenty left over with which to buy new pickups and a pack of smokes.

Last edited by kirk; 07-10-2006 at 11:46 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 11:58 PM

Re: Just an empty thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48585 zzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz
Can't we leave this poor beaten horse alone? Will 356 signatures be the straw that will break the horse's back?
Hi Rgr570 and folks

Kirk is right, this was a beaten horse 5 threads ago.

Please go to the other thread and post your opinions and SIGN the petition!!

I want the old colors as bad as you guys n' gals do!

So go sign
Closed Thread

Tags
ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , jem bfp , lgm guitars , neck dimensions , neck joint

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in